It was a cold week in Alexandria.
With bits of snow and temperatures hovering at around freezing, our top story this week was on Allison Priebe, the local business owner who was robbed while pumping gas in Old Town. Police later released suspect photos and advise anyone pumping gas to keep their keys with them and lock their vehicles.
On the coronavirus front, Alexandria is now at 9,903 cases and no new deaths, which is an increase of about 150 cases since Monday’s report. Meanwhile, as the city contends with a growing vaccine waiting list, the Health Department is warning residents of COVID-19 vaccine scams.
More than 260 people participated in our weekly poll. This week we asked about voting in the upcoming City Council and mayoral elections, and 87% plan on voting in the primary and general election; 6% only plan on voting in the primary; 5% aren’t voting and 1% will only vote in the primary.
In case you missed them, here are some other important stories this week:
- Developers Lay Out Multi-Year Timeline for GenOn Plant Redevelopment
- Superintendent: Sports Start Again at ACPS Next Week
- Sarah Bagley Files Paperwork to Run for City Council
- Mark Center Office Building Sold for $71.7 Million
- Exercise Clothing Store Athleta to Replace La Tasca in Old Town
- Director of Finance: Alexandria’s Real Estate Assessments Are a ‘Tale of Two Markets’
Here are our top stories of the week in Alexandria:
- Local Business Owner Robbed of Car While Pumping Gas at Old Town Gas Station
- BREAKING: Large Power Outage Reported in Old Town
- ACPS Releases Semifinalist Names for T.C. Williams High School and Matthew Maury Elementary School Renaming
- Just In: ‘QAnon Shaman’ from Capitol Siege Transferred to Alexandria Jail
- Poll: What Do You Think of the Proposed Heritage Development in Old Town
- Mayor: Brace Yourselves, It Could be End of Summer Before City Moves into Next Vaccine Phase
- BREAKING: Councilman Mo Seifeldein Running for Alexandria Mayor, Hatch Act Conflict in Question
- Alexandria Sheriff: Jailed ‘QAnon Shaman’s’ Organic Food Request is Normal
- Just In: James Lewis Files Paperwork to Enter City Council Race
- Photos: The Regal Potomac Yard Movie Theater is Being Torn Down
- City Councilman’s Virtual Super Bowl Party Ambushed by Racists and Nazi Trolls
Photo via Alexandria Police
‘Fairfax County’s most wanted’ arrested in Alexandria — “The man whom police called “Fairfax County’s most wanted” on Wednesday is under arrest Thursday.” [WTOP] It’s Friday — Clear throughout the day….
A 31-year-old Maryland man is being held without bond for allegedly robbing a 28-year-old woman in the Landmark area on Saturday night (Nov. 26). Police said that the incident was…
Alexandria’s revenue tax is growing, but too sluggishly to keep pace with the expenditures — leading to a $17 million shortfall as the city heads into budget season. That estimate,…
With the holiday season approaching, a prerequisite for some family gatherings could be a negative Covid test. With Curative shutting down its testing kiosks throughout the region that might get…
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are:
High School Senior Anxious about College Life? Our amazing graduate interns, Meghan Damminger and Kelly Charwat are starting an affordable College Readiness group in early 2023. Working out day and time. Please email [email protected] to set up a free consultation after the Thanksgiving holiday. And yes, Meghan and Kelly have a few openings for individual clients as well. Their rate is $45 per session. [www.sarahmoorelpc.com](http://www.sarahmoorelpc.com/?fbclid=IwAR3ZlfQnSLVRCc78HbTZutDYZErTctC_5pl- zt4eo_wjQo1gF6uHS–k32g).
Don’t miss this toe tapping celebration!
The Symphony Orchestra of Northern Virginia (SONOVA) presents “Brassy Jazzy Christmas,” a strong lineup of Christmas and holiday favorites. Inspired by Stan Keton’s album “A Merry Christmas!,” SONOVA has created a jazz band–substituting french
Join in Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving tradition- the 47th Turkey Trot 5 Mile Race. Alexandria’s favorite Thanksgiving morning tradition, the Alexandria Turkey Trot, returns to the streets of Del Ray on Thursday, November 24 at 9 a.m. In the spirit of