It was a cold week in Alexandria.
With bits of snow and temperatures hovering at around freezing, our top story this week was on Allison Priebe, the local business owner who was robbed while pumping gas in Old Town. Police later released suspect photos and advise anyone pumping gas to keep their keys with them and lock their vehicles.
On the coronavirus front, Alexandria is now at 9,903 cases and no new deaths, which is an increase of about 150 cases since Monday’s report. Meanwhile, as the city contends with a growing vaccine waiting list, the Health Department is warning residents of COVID-19 vaccine scams.
More than 260 people participated in our weekly poll. This week we asked about voting in the upcoming City Council and mayoral elections, and 87% plan on voting in the primary and general election; 6% only plan on voting in the primary; 5% aren’t voting and 1% will only vote in the primary.
In case you missed them, here are some other important stories this week:
- Developers Lay Out Multi-Year Timeline for GenOn Plant Redevelopment
- Superintendent: Sports Start Again at ACPS Next Week
- Sarah Bagley Files Paperwork to Run for City Council
- Mark Center Office Building Sold for $71.7 Million
- Exercise Clothing Store Athleta to Replace La Tasca in Old Town
- Director of Finance: Alexandria’s Real Estate Assessments Are a ‘Tale of Two Markets’
Here are our top stories of the week in Alexandria:
- Local Business Owner Robbed of Car While Pumping Gas at Old Town Gas Station
- BREAKING: Large Power Outage Reported in Old Town
- ACPS Releases Semifinalist Names for T.C. Williams High School and Matthew Maury Elementary School Renaming
- Just In: ‘QAnon Shaman’ from Capitol Siege Transferred to Alexandria Jail
- Poll: What Do You Think of the Proposed Heritage Development in Old Town
- Mayor: Brace Yourselves, It Could be End of Summer Before City Moves into Next Vaccine Phase
- BREAKING: Councilman Mo Seifeldein Running for Alexandria Mayor, Hatch Act Conflict in Question
- Alexandria Sheriff: Jailed ‘QAnon Shaman’s’ Organic Food Request is Normal
- Just In: James Lewis Files Paperwork to Enter City Council Race
- Photos: The Regal Potomac Yard Movie Theater is Being Torn Down
- City Councilman’s Virtual Super Bowl Party Ambushed by Racists and Nazi Trolls
Photo via Alexandria Police