It was a cold week in Alexandria.
With bits of snow and temperatures hovering at around freezing, our top story this week was on Allison Priebe, the local business owner who was robbed while pumping gas in Old Town. Police later released suspect photos and advise anyone pumping gas to keep their keys with them and lock their vehicles.
On the coronavirus front, Alexandria is now at 9,903 cases and no new deaths, which is an increase of about 150 cases since Monday’s report. Meanwhile, as the city contends with a growing vaccine waiting list, the Health Department is warning residents of COVID-19 vaccine scams.
More than 260 people participated in our weekly poll. This week we asked about voting in the upcoming City Council and mayoral elections, and 87% plan on voting in the primary and general election; 6% only plan on voting in the primary; 5% aren’t voting and 1% will only vote in the primary.
In case you missed them, here are some other important stories this week:
- Developers Lay Out Multi-Year Timeline for GenOn Plant Redevelopment
- Superintendent: Sports Start Again at ACPS Next Week
- Sarah Bagley Files Paperwork to Run for City Council
- Mark Center Office Building Sold for $71.7 Million
- Exercise Clothing Store Athleta to Replace La Tasca in Old Town
- Director of Finance: Alexandria’s Real Estate Assessments Are a ‘Tale of Two Markets’
Here are our top stories of the week in Alexandria:
- Local Business Owner Robbed of Car While Pumping Gas at Old Town Gas Station
- BREAKING: Large Power Outage Reported in Old Town
- ACPS Releases Semifinalist Names for T.C. Williams High School and Matthew Maury Elementary School Renaming
- Just In: ‘QAnon Shaman’ from Capitol Siege Transferred to Alexandria Jail
- Poll: What Do You Think of the Proposed Heritage Development in Old Town
- Mayor: Brace Yourselves, It Could be End of Summer Before City Moves into Next Vaccine Phase
- BREAKING: Councilman Mo Seifeldein Running for Alexandria Mayor, Hatch Act Conflict in Question
- Alexandria Sheriff: Jailed ‘QAnon Shaman’s’ Organic Food Request is Normal
- Just In: James Lewis Files Paperwork to Enter City Council Race
- Photos: The Regal Potomac Yard Movie Theater is Being Torn Down
- City Councilman’s Virtual Super Bowl Party Ambushed by Racists and Nazi Trolls
Photo via Alexandria Police
If you’re looking for something to do tonight (Friday), Gadsby’s Tavern Museum is hosting a 21-and-over “Tavern Games Night“. The event is scheduled for 7-9 p.m. at Gadsby’s Tavern Museum…
The Alexandria Police Department (APD) arrested Robert Walker, a 34-year-old D.C. resident, for a carjacking just a few blocks away from APD headquarters and striking a police vehicle. Police said…
Featured in Just Listed is a 3 BD/2.5 BA townhome with 10 ft. ceilings, a private outdoor patio and a two-tiered roof top deck.
Virginia’s dual presidential primary is Tuesday, March 5. Here’s what you need to know about Super Tuesday in Alexandria. Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Unofficial…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.