These summer weeks are flying by, and another one is in the books in Alexandria.
This week, readers responded to a number of issues in the city, including the tragic story behind the city’s first murder, crime in Arlandria and another protest outside of the acting Department of Homeland Security Secretary’s home.
There was some fun news, too, like the official announcement that drive-in movies will make their way to the city at the end of the month, and that Holy Cow Del Ray made a new burger of the moment, “The Alexandria HS,” in an effort to add its two cents in a community discussion on what to rename T.C. Williams High School.
What stories impacted you this week? Let us know in the comments.
Here are our top stories this week in Alexandria.
- BREAKING: Murder Suspect Was Released After COVID-19 Court Delay, Allegedly Kills Former Girlfriend Before Trial
- Friends and Neighbors Seek to Name Alley After Retired Judge Nolan Dawkins
- Man Arrested for Attempted Rape Behind Arlandria 7-Eleven
- Drive-In Movies Coming to Alexandria on August 29
- Protestors Promise to Keep Demonstrating at Acting DHS Secretary’s Alexandria Home
- Alexandria Summer Camp Closed Early Due to Coronavirus Exposure
- BREAKING: Alexandria Police Ask for Public Help in Finding Man Wanted for Murder
- Here’s the Latest on Development Projects on Beauregard Street in the West End
- Another Protest Planned This Weekend Outside DHS Secretary’s Home
- West End Development Returns to City with Scaled Down Density and More Open Space
- Alexandria’s COVID-19 Death Count at 60, Hospital Concerned About Rising Cases
- Holy Cow Del Ray Wades Into Another Local Controversy With Another Burger
Have a safe weekend!
In the latest edition of Just Sold, we’re taking a look at properties that sold for under $500,000.
A 48-year-old woman died after being struck by a vehicle while she walked in a travel lane on Interstate 495 on the early morning of Sunday, July 25. Virginia State…
(Updated 10:20 a.m.) Starting today, much of Potomac Avenue where it runs through the Potomac Yard neighborhood will be cut down from four lanes to two for over a year…
Del Ray Italian restaurant to close — “Rosemarino D’Italia will close its doors after Wednesday, July 28 at its Alexandria location in Del Ray, after serving up Italian cuisine to…