It was another busy week in Alexandria.
Our top story was on the dog found dead and wrapped in blankets at N. Armistead Street and Beauregard Street. The Animal Welfare League of Alexandria is offering a reward for information that can lead to the identification of the owner.
This week, the Del Ray Business Association announced that a mayoral debate between Alexandria Mayor Justin Wilson and former Mayor Allison Silberberg will be held on May 12, and a council debate will be held on May 17.
On the coronavirus front, City Council will soon consider a temporary waterfront memorial to honor COVID-19 victims. This week, the city also received a surge of vaccine doses.
Other important stories
- Alexandria bringing back public events as governor’s guidance eases gathering restrictions
- City Council to consider temporary waterfront memorial to honor COVID-19 victims
- Pete Buttigieg visits Alexandria to sign onto Virginia rail expansion
- NEW: Police identify suspect who allegedly crashed car into Verizon store near Potomac Yard
- Alexandria City Council will need to find $13 million to fund body worn cameras for police
- Animal Welfare League of Alexandria seeks public help to identify dead dog
- Suspicious voting patterns seen in ALXnow poll on mayoral race
- COVID-19 update: Alexandria getting boost of vaccine doses this week
- Just In: Man arrested for allegedly grabbing women in Del Ray
- Teenagers arrested after 13-year-old girl jumped, gun pointed at her in West End
- Council approves roadway conversion at George Washington Masonic National Memorial
- Four arrested after juvenile robbed of shoes in West End
- JUST IN: Halal slaughterhouse to open in two weeks
- Poll: Which mayoral candidate has your vote?
- Neighborhood Health vaccinating thousands at sites in Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax County
- Flight attendant Annetta Catchings running for Alexandria mayor as a Republican
Have a safe weekend!
Like expert fingers knitting a long scarf, Danielle Romanetti is busy. Romanetti’s yarn shop fibre space (1319 Prince Street) is prepped and ready for Plaid Friday, an alternative to Black…
The Alexandria Health Department is advising residents to take COVID-19 tests before and after traveling this Thanksgiving holiday weekend. “Everyone has a role in keeping COVID-19 out of holiday gatherings,”…
Included in this week’s Just Listed is a 5 BD/4 BA brick colonial home with a finished lower level, patio and fenced rear yard.
(Updated 1:30 p.m.) Police say a barricade situation that’s been ongoing for roughly 24 hours has been peacefully resolved. It started with a road-rage incident around noon yesterday (Tuesday) that…