What a week in Alexandria.
Our top story this week was on a plan to install hanging gardens in the Carlyle neighborhood.
Still, a lot of other stuff happened. While Alexandria City Public Schools opened their doors to hybrid learning, City Council made headway on a collective bargaining ordinance and rejected the Braddock West development.
Here are some other important stories this week:
- Patrick Moran addresses controversies, wants to look to future
- Water Taxi returning to Alexandria just in time for the Cherry Blossoms
- Man shot in Arlandria on Wednesday night
- Council to review Taylor Run and Strawberry Run stream restoration projects this spring
Here are this week’s top stories:
- The Caryle neighborhood could be getting its own Hanging Gardens
- Residential neighborhood with 139 townhomes approved for Victory Center site
- Police Chief updates Del Ray community on recent crime incidents
- City Council takes rare step and strips local business of special use permits
- City passes ordinance limiting large trucks from parking in business zones
- Just Sold in Alexandria: March 16, 2021
- Alexandria looking for feedback on proposed North Beauregard Street repaving
- Local vaccination efforts accelerated with new vaccine supply, city preps for phase 1c
- Waterfront Commission tries to avert ‘Disneyland-like’ development in Old Town
- Poll: Do you agree with the City Council’s rejection of the Braddock West project?
- Alexandria’s initial and continued unemployment claims just jumped by double percentage points
Have a safe weekend!
Image via City of Alexandria
Alexandria’s Troy “The Transformer” Isley says it was a dream come true to box in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Isley, a middleweight, won in his Olympic debut against Vitali…
The embattled Heritage project came within a hair’s breadth of being denied at the Board of Architectural Review‘s design review last week, and survived only on a last-minute deferral. Many…
A 30-year-old Alexandria woman was arrested last month and charged with making threats and domestic assault and battery against her roommate in the Landmark area. The suspect was booked and…
Moving with your dog(s)? Find tips to help alleviate their (and your) stress on the big day in the latest Ask McEnearney.