Crime, hazardous weather, debates over city transportation policy: it’s another week down in Alexandria.
With courts being back in session, news coverage of trials and convictions is back in full swing with the sentencing of a local teen who murdered a young couple that gave him a ride to southern Virginia and a pastor’s wife who had money laundering added to earlier fraud convictions.
What stories impacted you this week? Let us know in the comments.
Here are our top stories this week in Alexandria.
- Eisenhower’s ‘Too Expensive to Cancel’ Project Moves Forward This Month
- Francesca’s Permanently Closed in Old Town
- Alexandria Pastor’s Wife Pleads Guilty to Money Laundering Scheme
- Landmark Transit Hub Tops List of Alexandria’s Transportation Priorities
- City Council and Developers Clash Over Last Minute Changes to Affordable Housing Requirement
- New Oakville Triangle Plan Sails Through City Council Approval
- Southern Towers Residents Protest Eviction Amid Pandemic
- Man Robbed at Gunpoint on Duke Street Tuesday Night
- Man Hospitalized After Fall at Eisenhower Rock Climbing Gym Sportrock
- Winter Weather Advisory Issued Ahead of Expected Snowfall Tomorrow
Virginia’s dual presidential primary is Tuesday, March 5. Here’s what you need to know about Super Tuesday in Alexandria. Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Unofficial…
A new conversion from an office to a ‘luxury rental development’ has broken ground in Old Town. American Real Estate Partners (AREP) is converting the 200,000-square-foot office building at 1101…
Good Friday morning, Alexandria! ⛈️ Today’s weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 54, but rain tonight after 10 p.m. and a low around 42. Rain tomorrow as well, mainly before 1…
Gorgeous 1BR/1BA with stainless steel appliances and huge balcony
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.