It was a busy week in Alexandria, and there is plenty to talk about.
The city is moving forward with phase three of reopening its economy on July 1, and the news comes as the death toll from the coronavirus moved up to 50 and the number of cases steadily rise.
It also looks like the upcoming Alexandria City Public School school year and city services will continue to be impacted until the virus is held at bay, and school and city staff are developing plans to stagger teleworking and in-person schedules for students and staff alike.
Restaurants are reopening like never before, which is to say that customers are cautiously welcomed as Health Department restrictions are slowly lifted and many establishments have expanded their outdoor seating.
Here are the top 11 most-read articles this week in Alexandria.
- Del Ray Pizza Restaurant Converts Parking Deck Into Tropical Oasis Themed Bar
- COVID-19 Cases Steadily Increase as Alexandria Releases Phase Three Reopening Guidelines
- Large Residential Development in Braddock Goes to Planning Commission Tomorrow
- Alexandria Now Has 50 COVID-19 Deaths, Cases Climbing by Double Digits Daily
- East Eisenhower Avenue Project Returns With A New Senior Living Component
- Students Likely to Rotate School Attendance When ACPS Reopens
- Alexandria Preps for Phase 3 Reopening on July 1
- Lights On: Two Nineteen Restaurant Reopening Today in Old Town
- Developers Take Another Crack at Converting North Old Town Office to Housing
- Housing Affordability and Cost of Living Get Low Rating in Community Livability Report
- Inova Alexandria Hospital Now Treating 20+ Coronavirus Patients
Feel free to discuss these or other topics in the comments. Have a safe weekend!
Staff photo by James Cullum
Alexandria City Public Schools is seeing a shortage of classroom monitors, bus monitors and substitute teachers. Superintendent Gregory Hutchings, Jr. told the School Board last week that ACPS’ Human Resources…
The Alexandria City Council wants more than answers from Dominion Energy for a recent power outage on the busiest day of the year in Del Ray — they want restitution….
A new sprawling West End development near Landmark Mall is headed to the Planning Commission, but with a bigger emphasis on housing than before. Landmark Overlook is a proposed development…
Learn the the process or obtaining a real estate license as well as the cost and time it takes in the latest Ask McEnearney.