What a busy week in Alexandria. Here’s the rundown.
Alexandria City Public Schools reopened their doors to full-time in-person instruction on Tuesday, and there have been a few hiccups. On Friday, we published a video taken of a brawl inside Alexandria City High School, and a teenager was hit by a car while walking home from school in Del Ray on Thursday.
In our poll this week, we asked if readers agree with a proposed 5 cent tax on plastic bags. Out of more than 900 votes, 62% said it shouldn’t be implemented and 38% said it should.
- Tales of regret and hope win in creative writing contest at the Alexandria Jail
- Report: Massive Oakville Triangle project secures financing
- Alexandria man convicted for possessing child porn and violating parole
- Del Ray park moving forward with lead artist chosen
- French Twist: Alexandria’s sister city committee wants to revolutionize membership
- School Board Member Michelle Rief praises ACPS COVID response in reelection bid
- Alexandria woman scammed of $15K by ‘friend’ with compromised Facebook account
- Street repaving and curb repairs underway in Old Town this week and next
- $50K fundraiser launched after sewer pipe bursts in Arlandria preschool
- Alexandria to consider imposing 5 cent tax on plastic bags
- Juvenile stabbed in West End Sunday night
- Alexandria man arrested for beating up ex-girlfriend in Old Town North
- Fox put George Washington Middle School into a lock-in today
- Design realities could conflict with promises to speed up stormwater improvements in Alexandria
- City breaks ground on new broadband network
- Poll: Do you support the proposed 5 cent plastic bag tax?
- This Alexandria gym manager went rogue and launched a personal training business
- Alexandria kicks off Restaurant Week tomorrow
- Alexandria sees huge spike in COVID-19 cases in August, another death
- Poll: Have you been impacted by flooding in Alexandria?
- New Normal: ACPS fully reopens for first time since pandemic started
- Evolving COVID-19 decisions loom as Alexandria City Public Schools fully reopen next Tuesday
Have a safe weekend!
It’s been a busy week for city leaders as Alexandria City Public Schools, the City Council, and even the Sheriff’s Office faced new problems. Meanwhile, local leaders have been working…
Local labor representatives have come out in force against potential city funding in the development of the Hotel Heron in Old Town. A proposal spearheaded by the Alexandria Economic Development…
It’s been more than a month after the school resource officers were placed on leave at Alexandria City High School, and police have yet to replace those officers. The officers…
Explore this 3 BD/3 BA home with over 2,400 sq. ft., exposed wood beams, hardwood floors and wood burning fireplace in Just Listed this week