Another week down at ALXnow.
The big stories this week was a pair of dangerous situations in public places, with injuries at AMC Hoffman Center after a man walked into a theater and threatened the crowd and a man arrested for pulling out a gun outside a West End club.
- Several injured running out of AMC Hoffman Center movie theater on Saturday night
- Alexandria man arrested for allegedly brandishing handgun outside West End nightclub
- The Waypoint at Fairlington to open later this month
- Old Town Cocktail Week starts this Friday, and here’s what’s on the menu
- These two popular Alexandria art festivals are just around the corner
- City Manager picks new spokesperson for the City of Alexandria
- New report highlights progress at Fort Ward and a look at what’s ahead
- Planning Commission backs ‘Vola’s’ expansion, laments death of taco truck
- ACPS focusing on staff and student absenteeism
- Artisan market pop-up planned for Port City next weekend
Photo via Vermilion/Facebook
While it’s been a busy week in Alexandria, what’s likely the biggest story of the week dropped this afternoon as WMATA announced that the Potomac Yard Metro station has been…
(Updated 2:15 p.m.) The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) announced that the Potomac Yard Metro station’s opening will be delayed yet again. WMATA said in a statement that the…
Open Houses includes a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a wood burning fireplace, built-in bookcases and heart pine wood floors.
A 2 BD/3 BA brick townhome with 4 levels, wood burning fireplace and private patio is included in Just Listed.
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
At Nova Fencing Club, the beginner fencing classes are designed for students of all levels – including students who have never fenced before.
If you’re looking for a fun physical activity that improves your fitness, critical thinking and rapid decision making skills then come join us!
There’s no better time than now to give us a try – and take part in one of the fastest growing sports. Our highly educated, professional coaching staff includes Virginia’s only Maitre d’Armes, a member of USA Fencing’s coaching team, former members of the USA National Team, and our Head Coach, who has produced national champions.
Register for either our Youth Beginner Fencing Classes (7-12) or our Teen & Adult Beginner Fencing Classes (13 to Adult) and become a part of the club that champions call home.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and