Celebrations, seminars and themed events are on the menu for Old Town Cocktail Week.
More than a dozen restaurants and retailers are celebrating all things cocktail starting on Friday, September 9, and lasting until Sunday, September 18.
Participating businesses include:
- 1799 Prime Steak & Seafood
- Ada’s on the River
- Daniel O’Connell’s Restaurant and Bar
- Fontaine Cafe and Creperie
- Hard Times Cafe
- Lighthorse Restaurant and Bar
- Lost Boy Cider
- Majestic Cafe
- Mystique Jewelers
- Red Barn Mercantile
- Umbrella Dry Drink
- Village Brauhaus
- Warehouse Bar & Grill
- Whiskey & Oyster
The schedule is below:
Friday, September 9
- Art On the Rocks 2022 — The fundraiser challenges local bartenders and chefs to create artistic cocktail and appetizer pairings inspired by a piece of art. The event runs from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets cost $65.
- The Late Shift: Heritage drinks at the Torpedo Factory Art Center — Enjoy specialty-themed “Heritage” cocktails at the bar in the spirit of the event – choose from Ethiopian Tej (honey wine) and Salvadoran Horchata with or without coffee (non-alcoholic). The event is from 7 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, September 10
- Free mother shrub tasting at Red Barn Mercantile (1117 King Street) — Heard of shrubs (not the leafy kind) but have never tried it? If you’re curious and want to give these delicious drinking vinegars a try then stop by Red Barn Mercantile on September 10 from 1 to 4 when Meredyth Archer, creator of Richmond based Mother Shrubs, is crafting cocktails and mocktails for you to try.
Monday, September 12
- Makers Mark tasting at Chadwicks (203 Strand Street) — The tasting will feature Flight of Makers, Makers 46, Makers Cask Strength, and a Makers Mark Cocktail. Take home a souvenir glass.
Tuesday, September 13
- Spirit-free cocktail workshop (128 S. Royal Street) — Join us for an interactive workshop featuring fabulous spirit-free cocktails. Umbrella Dry Drinks is a concept to provide sophisticated non-alcoholic options for those who wish to stay dry. The workshop will highlight different zero proof spirits, & cocktails; learn more about the process behind making these products and how to use them in various cocktails, plus how to choose the perfect glassware, garnish, & more! Tickets: $50
Wednesday, September 14
- Bo & Ivy Tap Takeover at Captain Gregory’s (804 N. Henry Street) — Join DCs newest distillery, Bo & Ivy, for a special takeover event with Captain Gregory’s. They’ll have their full lineup, a special curated cocktail list and an opportunity to meet their master distiller and team.
- Fizzy Fall Cocktail Class at Shop Made in VA — Together we will celebrate the sparkly goodness of Storied Goods Sugar Cubes and learn how to use them to create delicious fall cocktails and mocktails. Tickets: $75
Thursday, September 15
- Art Night in Old Town — Enjoy Open Houses at over 15 art galleries, boutiques, and coffee shops. Two wine shops will be open featuring wine tastings:
Le Vintage Wine Shop (1218 King Street) and Wine Gallery 108 (108 N. St. Asaph Street)
Friday, September 16
- Cider Cocktail Party at Lost Boy Cider (317 Hoofs Run Drive) — We’re taking you back to the time of Prohibition and Speak Easy’s with vintage decor and jazz tunes. Locate the lantern on our secret entrance and knock 3 times. Cocktail attire/ 20’s inspired dress is highly encouraged! Tickets include exclusive cocktail flight with garnish and light fare/sweet treats. Get entered to win your very own Lost Boy cocktail glass (10 available). Tickets: $45.
- An Evening with Clonakilty at Daniel O’Connell’s Irish Restaurant and Bar (112 King Street) — Spend an evening at O’Connell’s featuring Clonakilty Distillery. Join us for from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. for a Welcome Cocktail featuring O’Connell’s Clonakilty Vodka, a Clonakilty Whiskey Flight, and a Master Class from Clonakilty Distillery’s Christian Richardson. Tickets: $50
- Oktoberfest at Village Brauhaus (710 King Street) — Join us for the opening day of Oktoberfest, with a real German band! Enjoy a variety of German Oktoberfest Beers on draft.
Saturday, September 17
- Wine on the Water — A cocktail party on the waterfront presented by the Alexandria Seaport Foundation, from 6 t0 9 p.m. Advance tickets are $100, and $125 at the door.
Sunday, September 18
- Tiki Cruise aboard the Tall Ship Providence — Join the team of Captain Gregory’s aboard the Tall Ship Providence as we set sail tropical expedition. Tropical cocktails will be aplenty for this 90 min sailing along the Potomac Ricer. Tickets: $68.
The biggest news throughout the region was the smoke from the Canadian wildfires that descended on Wednesday and stayed through yesterday. Air quality reached dire levels and the City of…
The Director of the Federal Housing Finance Administration visited Southern Towers in the West End this week, signalling to housing advocates that years of protests against rent hikes and evictions…
(Updated 1:15 p.m.) The Mount Vernon Avenue Bridge was closed to traffic due to police activity, though as of 1:15 p.m. is has reopened. A foot pursuit across the Mount Vernon…
A 4 BD/3 BA updated home with hardwood floors, covered porch and remodeled lower level is featured in Just Listed.
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
Time flies when you’re having fun! The T.C. Williams High School Class of 1973 will hold its 50th reunion July 21-23, 2023 in Alexandria. All graduates and their adult nears and dears are welcome. Events include a Friday evening icebreaker, Saturday dinner dance, and a Sunday brunch. For more information: tcwilliams73.com, 770.789.3534.