It was election week in Alexandria, so congratulations and/or condolences.
Alexandria Democrats managed to hold onto all of the City Council seats. Mayor Justin Wilson won reelection and Elizabeth Bennett-Parker was elected to the 45th District House of Delegates seat. But any local Democrat euphoria was dampened by statewide losses that Wilson warned could reverse recent local wins on some issues.
Here were the most-read stories around ALXnow this week:
- Developer reopens abandoned Alexandria power plant for tours later this month
- Cut-through traffic protections along Duke Street could go into effect early next year
- Man arrested for DWI, smashing cars and leaving scene while parking in Old Town
- BREAKING: Alexandria School Board election results
- Georgetown tearoom relocating to Alexandria waterfront
- Retail, residential, and music venue could replace North Old Town office park
- City Council to step up fight against Comcast internet monopoly next week
- BREAKING: Bennett-Parker declares victory in 45th District seat in Virginia House of Delegates
- Alexandria man arrested for stealing packages outside homes in Old Town
- Silver Parrot Jewelry permanently closing at end of year in Old Town
A former National Tire and Battery (NTB) in the West End could be transformed into a used car dealership if the repair shop next door can get approval. Koons of…
Thousands of art lovers will have to set aside their plans this weekend, as Del Ray’s annual Art On The Avenue has been postponed due to Tropical Storm Ian. Ian…
A number of suspected MS-13 gang members have been arrested the last several months for allegedly selling crack/cocaine, marijuana and firing gunshots in the Arlandria area. The suspects allegedly sold…
Enjoy live music and pop up beer garden at the Happy Hour Concert Series starting tonight at 6 p.m.
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
At Nova Fencing Club, the beginner fencing classes are designed for students of all levels – including students who have never fenced before.
If you’re looking for a fun physical activity that improves your fitness, critical thinking and rapid decision making skills then come join us!
There’s no better time than now to give us a try – and take part in one of the fastest growing sports. Our highly educated, professional coaching staff includes Virginia’s only Maitre d’Armes, a member of USA Fencing’s coaching team, former members of the USA National Team, and our Head Coach, who has produced national champions.
Register for either our Youth Beginner Fencing Classes (7-12) or our Teen & Adult Beginner Fencing Classes (13 to Adult) and become a part of the club that champions call home.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and