It was a busy week in Alexandria.
Alexandria Police apprehended the suspect in the city’s only murder this year, and he is currently in the hospital suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Additionally, violent crime events are happening throughout the city, and in the Parker Gray neighborhood of Old Town and in the West End in particular. This week saw the fourth shooting in Old Town in less than a month.
The number of coronavirus cases continues to climb, as well, and the president of Inova Alexandria Hospital discussed some of her concerns in the days ahead.
Here are our top stories this week in Alexandria.
- BREAKING: Alexandria Police Ask for Public Help in Finding Man Wanted for Murder
- Alexandria’s COVID-19 Death Count at 60, Hospital Concerned About Rising Cases
- BREAKING: Police Investigating Homicide in West End Residential Community
- BREAKING: Murder Suspect Was Released After COVID-19 Court Delay, Allegedly Kills Former Girlfriend Before Trial
- Alexandria Police Chief Criticized by Staff Over Officer Fired for Unjustified Use of Force
- Activists Protest at Alexandria Home of Acting DHS Chief Chad Wolf
- Police Investigate Fourth Shots Fired Call in Old Town in Less Than a Month
- ACPS to Cut Down 150-Year-Old Tree This Month to Make Way for Concession Stand
- Man Injured in Violent Carjacking in Old Town
- BREAKING: ACPS Announces Online-Only School in the Fall
- West End Silver Diner Opens Next Week but Harris Teeter Won’t Open Until Next Year
Have a safe weekend!
Photo via Alexandria Police Department
Just as the school resource officer debate started to cool down, things have started heating up between the City Council local first responder unions and city leadership over pay issues….
Halloween is fast approaching and the time-honored tradition of trick-or-treating will be back in full swing. Last year, the Alexandria Health Department (AHD) had discouraged the practice for fear of…
At an upcoming Alexandria City Council meeting on Tuesday (Oct. 26), City Manager Mark Jinks is scheduled to present a planned mid-year pay increase for city employees, though local unions…
Open this Sunday from 1-3 p.m. and included in the latest Just Listed is a 4 BD/3 BA home with a gas fireplace, deck and breakfast nook.