It was a busy week in Alexandria.
Alexandria Police apprehended the suspect in the city’s only murder this year, and he is currently in the hospital suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Additionally, violent crime events are happening throughout the city, and in the Parker Gray neighborhood of Old Town and in the West End in particular. This week saw the fourth shooting in Old Town in less than a month.
The number of coronavirus cases continues to climb, as well, and the president of Inova Alexandria Hospital discussed some of her concerns in the days ahead.
Here are our top stories this week in Alexandria.
- BREAKING: Alexandria Police Ask for Public Help in Finding Man Wanted for Murder
- Alexandria’s COVID-19 Death Count at 60, Hospital Concerned About Rising Cases
- BREAKING: Police Investigating Homicide in West End Residential Community
- BREAKING: Murder Suspect Was Released After COVID-19 Court Delay, Allegedly Kills Former Girlfriend Before Trial
- Alexandria Police Chief Criticized by Staff Over Officer Fired for Unjustified Use of Force
- Activists Protest at Alexandria Home of Acting DHS Chief Chad Wolf
- Police Investigate Fourth Shots Fired Call in Old Town in Less Than a Month
- ACPS to Cut Down 150-Year-Old Tree This Month to Make Way for Concession Stand
- Man Injured in Violent Carjacking in Old Town
- BREAKING: ACPS Announces Online-Only School in the Fall
- West End Silver Diner Opens Next Week but Harris Teeter Won’t Open Until Next Year
Have a safe weekend!
Photo via Alexandria Police Department
(Updated 5:30 p.m.) Alexandria law enforcement is investigating the death of Anthony Mouf, a 25-year-old Fairfax County man in Alexandria’s William G. Truesdale Adult Detention Center According to a city…
Alexandria parents should consider breastfeeding and using cow’s milk for short periods during the nationwide baby formula shortage, according to the Alexandria Health Department (AHD). Those were just a couple…
Alexandria-based Goodwin House Inc., a non-profit organization built around senior living, has acquired the West End senior living community Hermitage Northern Virginia with plans to undergo an expansion in the…
Alexandria and Arlington will start clearing debris and dredging Four Mile Run in September, and the project will close sections of the park from the public for four to six…