Alexandria Police told ALXnow that a suspect in the incident was found and taken into custody, but ultimately was not identified and “received services.”
Here are some of the top stories in Alexandria this week:
- Customer Spits on Old Town Coffee Shop Owner and Vandalizes Store After Being Asked to Wear a Mask
- Muay Thai Champ Gets Racist Threats at Jones Point Park
- New Mixed-Use Development Sparks Frustration With Density in Parker-Gray Neighborhood
- ACPS Has No Comment on Chief Operating Officer’s Vocal Departure
- Man Charged With Multiple Misconduct Counts at Old Town Gas Station
- Power Outage Covers Potomac Yard and Parts of Del Ray
- Arlington-Based Fitness Studio Coming to Alexandria’s West End
- Old Town Garden-Style Apartments to Be Replaced by Multifamily Apartment Complex
- Here’s What’s Happening July 4 in Alexandria
- Update: Alexandria Now Has 2,380 COVID-19 Cases, No New Deaths
- Poor Business Revenue Amid Shutdown Leaves Alexandria Government With Empty Pockets
Representatives from Hilco Redevelopment Partners (HRP) recently opened up about some of the behind-the-scenes discussions on whether or not to make the central street in Old Town North’s power plant…
A 45-year-old man is being held without bond in connection with a stabbing in the West End on Saturday evening, according to the Alexandria Police Department. Police were dispatched just…
Good Wednesday morning, Alexandria! ⛅ Today’s weather: Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 59 and low of 44. 🌥 Tomorrow: Overcast throughout the day. High of 65 and low…
A major affordable housing development in the city’s Braddock area is headed to the Planning Commission tonight. Tonight’s meeting on the proposed Samuel Madden redevelopment comes after more than a…
Alexandria Women for Good donated $6,720 to Alexandria’s Community Lodgings from their first donation cycle! They toured one of the learning centers, met some of the staff and kids, and handed over a big check.
Alexandria Women for Good is a newly formed local Grapevine Giving Circle composed of local Alexandria women who make the commitment to give back to the local community regularly and intentionally. Each quarter they raise money to give to local nonprofits making a difference.
For more information visit: https://www.grapevine.org/giving- circle/3y6h4Ay/Alexandria-Women-for-Good
Pictured left to right: Laura Herron, Laura Turner, Kate Wiley from Community Lodgings, and Laura Bloodgood
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]