Another week down in Alexandria.
In terms of stories, this one was a little more optimistically defined by new openings. Wegmans announced its Carlyle location is opening in May, bringing an end to the area’s notorious food desert (the closest grocery stores are the Whole Foods and Giant on Duke Street). New smaller-scale shops are looking to move in as well, like a new wine and coffee shop coming to Old Town.
- Police investigating another eyeglass frame heist, this time in Old Town
- Alexandria and neighboring jurisdictions now experiencing ‘Low’ transmission rate, says CDC
- Proposed development to replace early 20th century King Street buildings
- New wine bar and coffee shop coming to Old Town
- Wegmans to open in Carlyle neighborhood on May 11
- AHDC gets help from Amazon to secure Arlandria apartment building for affordable housing
- Most expensive homes sold in February
- Juvenile apprehended for robbery with fake handgun in Braddock area
- Alexandria School Board drops mask requirement for students
- Beeliner Diner opens in Bradlee Shopping Center
While it’s been a busy week in Alexandria, what’s likely the biggest story of the week dropped this afternoon as WMATA announced that the Potomac Yard Metro station has been…
(Updated 2:15 p.m.) The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) announced that the Potomac Yard Metro station’s opening will be delayed yet again. WMATA said in a statement that the…
Open Houses includes a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a wood burning fireplace, built-in bookcases and heart pine wood floors.
A 2 BD/3 BA brick townhome with 4 levels, wood burning fireplace and private patio is included in Just Listed.
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
At Nova Fencing Club, the beginner fencing classes are designed for students of all levels – including students who have never fenced before.
If you’re looking for a fun physical activity that improves your fitness, critical thinking and rapid decision making skills then come join us!
There’s no better time than now to give us a try – and take part in one of the fastest growing sports. Our highly educated, professional coaching staff includes Virginia’s only Maitre d’Armes, a member of USA Fencing’s coaching team, former members of the USA National Team, and our Head Coach, who has produced national champions.
Register for either our Youth Beginner Fencing Classes (7-12) or our Teen & Adult Beginner Fencing Classes (13 to Adult) and become a part of the club that champions call home.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and