It was a big week for city politics, with the City Council meeting in-person for the first time in over a year. At the meeting, the Council approved some development plans for Landmark Mall and cut funding away for school resource officers.
In the world of local development, the Alexandria Housing Development Corporation unveiled new plans for their Chirilagua-Arlandria affordable housing development and on the flip-side a new development on Eisenhower Avenue will have none.
- Alexandria looks closer at Virginia building safety regulations after Florida condo collapse
- Update: Suspect arrested in Wednesday morning bank robbery in Old Town
- Mayor ‘dismayed’ by Council relationship with School Board after reallocation of school resource officer funding
- Alexandria high-jumper Tynita Butts-Townsend qualifies for U.S. Olympic Team
- City Council to specify when local dogs are allowed to bark
- Long-awaited Landmark Mall redevelopment clears City Council approval
- City Council approves massive high-rise project without affordable housing near Eisenhower Metro station
- New mixed-use development headed to the heart of Chirilagua
- Tropical Storm Elsa’s dregs tear through southern Alexandria
- West End office building could become new Alexandria school
It’s been a busy week in Alexandria. As teachers fought for a pay raise, Alexandria City High School (ACHS) students walked out of the classrooms in protest against Alexandria City…
(Updated 2:30 p.m.) The recently formed Alexandria Minority Business Association (AMBA) shared frustrations about a lawsuit putting a planned grant program on hold. The City of Alexandria approved a grant…
Yesterday, the tourism bureau Visit Alexandria presented a new logo to be used in marketing for the city. Reception online was mixed. The logo features the city’s name in lowercase…
Good Friday morning, Alexandria! 🌤 Today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High of 42 and low of 33. ⛅ Tomorrow: Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 52 and low…
Bespoke women’s clothing designer, A.Oei Studio, is opening a fashion pop-up in Old Town Alexandria.
From Feb 2nd – March 29th, shop contemporary ready-to-wear pieces, view unique textile selections, and schedule a fitting for custom-made dresses, bridal and qipao.
Handcrafted in D.C., A.Oei Studio aims to offer an alternative vision of fashion – one that is centered around sustainability, artistry and personalized services.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]