It was a big week for city politics, with the City Council meeting in-person for the first time in over a year. At the meeting, the Council approved some development plans for Landmark Mall and cut funding away for school resource officers.
In the world of local development, the Alexandria Housing Development Corporation unveiled new plans for their Chirilagua-Arlandria affordable housing development and on the flip-side a new development on Eisenhower Avenue will have none.
- Alexandria looks closer at Virginia building safety regulations after Florida condo collapse
- Update: Suspect arrested in Wednesday morning bank robbery in Old Town
- Mayor ‘dismayed’ by Council relationship with School Board after reallocation of school resource officer funding
- Alexandria high-jumper Tynita Butts-Townsend qualifies for U.S. Olympic Team
- City Council to specify when local dogs are allowed to bark
- Long-awaited Landmark Mall redevelopment clears City Council approval
- City Council approves massive high-rise project without affordable housing near Eisenhower Metro station
- New mixed-use development headed to the heart of Chirilagua
- Tropical Storm Elsa’s dregs tear through southern Alexandria
- West End office building could become new Alexandria school
It’s been another week bookended with violence in Alexandria’s West End. On Saturday, a man was shot in the Landmark area during a suspected carjacking. The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries….
Alexandrians should brace for a stormy weekend. Rain is likely to kick off tonight after 11 p.m. and there’s a good chance it will continue through the weekend as a…
There were no injuries or arrests after gunfire was reported in the West End early Friday morning — a separate incident from the other West End shooting this morning where…
A 2 BD/1.5 BA home with refinished floors, renovated bathroom and fenced backyard is included in Just Listed.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING brings people a fast, affordable, and high-quality solution for all of their interior or exterior residential and commercial painting projects. We respect your time as much as you do and provide the quality paint job you expect, in a timeline that is unexpected.
Schedule a consult today:
The Made in ALX Fall Makers’ Market at Port City Brewing Co. in Alexandria is set for Sunday, Sept. 24!
This is the fall’s most fun sip-and-shop, featuring craft beer from the award-winning Port City Brewing Co. along with food,