With Labor Day just around the corner, ALXnow has an abbreviated publishing schedule today.
ALXnow also won’t be publishing on Monday but will resume on Tuesday.
- JUST IN: Suspect arrested in Braddock neighborhood shooting
- Alexandria Mayor pushes back on Virginia Attorney General’s characterization of violence in ACPS
- WMATA vows to learn from past mistakes as Potomac Yard Metro station nears completion
- Police: Man with gun robs McDonald’s in Arlandria
- JUST IN: Man dies in ‘industrial accident’ in Carlyle area
- MRP Realty backs out of Arlandria shopping center redevelopment
- Alexandria Police arrest robbery suspect in Landmark area
- Neighbors appeal Polk Avenue sidewalk decision to City Council
- Alexandria looks to bicycles and boats to help replace Metro during shutdown
- Alexandria hoping to make new outdoor dining regulations less onerous
Feeling buyer’s remorse? Ask McEnearney discusses avoid buyer’s remorse before committing to a purchase.
Representatives from Hilco Redevelopment Partners (HRP) recently opened up about some of the behind-the-scenes discussions on whether or not to make the central street in Old Town North’s power plant…
A 45-year-old man is being held without bond in connection with a stabbing in the West End on Saturday evening, according to the Alexandria Police Department. Police were dispatched just…
Good Wednesday morning, Alexandria! ⛅ Today’s weather: Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 59 and low of 44. 🌥 Tomorrow: Overcast throughout the day. High of 65 and low…
Alexandria Women for Good donated $6,720 to Alexandria’s Community Lodgings from their first donation cycle! They toured one of the learning centers, met some of the staff and kids, and handed over a big check.
Alexandria Women for Good is a newly formed local Grapevine Giving Circle composed of local Alexandria women who make the commitment to give back to the local community regularly and intentionally. Each quarter they raise money to give to local nonprofits making a difference.
For more information visit: https://www.grapevine.org/giving- circle/3y6h4Ay/Alexandria-Women-for-Good
Pictured left to right: Laura Herron, Laura Turner, Kate Wiley from Community Lodgings, and Laura Bloodgood
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]