The big story this week was snow.
A snowstorm on Monday had the city working at clearing roads and putting weather-affected services back into play. There was a smaller dusting of snow last night, though it didn’t have nearly the same level of impact.
Alexandria City Public Schools went virtual for the first three days of the week as well. Thursday was closed for students as a teacher workday, and both teachers and staff had today off.
Of course, Alexandria wasn’t alone in dealing with the snowstorm: similar operations were underway this week in Arlington and Fairfax.
- Comcast working on fixing widespread internet service outages caused by fire and snowstorm
- JUST IN: Officials investigate fire at Jordan Street 7-Eleven
- PHOTOS: Scenes from today’s snowstorm in Alexandria
- Winter Weather Advisory issued ahead of Thursday night snow
- Power outage hits North Ridge neighborhood as weather topples trees and power lines
- DEVELOPING: Winter weather conditions shut down city services and some streets
- ACPS cancels school in Alexandria for students, but staff will have a virtual workday
- School closed tomorrow as students and staff both get proper snow day
- ACPS goes to virtual schooling Monday ahead of expected snow
- Alexandria Restaurant Week returns this month with new dining options
The 367-unit residential development The Rutherford is headed to Planning Commission review tomorrow and makes use of a relatively recent new policy that codified an older trade. The project is…
New French restaurant Josephine is opening at 109 St Asaph Street in Old Town this week and folks are already losing their heads over it. According to the website, the…
This reporter’s already noted that Alexandria bears a passing resemblance to the province of Skyrim* and that Nordic connection is only getting stronger: the Landmark neighborhood is getting a new…
Last week, Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) was blasted by parents and teachers at a School Board meeting over a decision to spread specialist teachers across multiple schools. Music, art…
Are you seeking a confidential space where you can explore your emotions, overcome challenges, and find inner peace? Look no further than our dedicated psychotherapy service! We understand that life can be overwhelming at times, and we’re here to support you every step of the way.
At Peaceful Mind Solutions, our passion lies in helping individuals like you navigate life’s complexities and find the strength to thrive. Our skilled and compassionate therapist is committed to creating a warm, non-judgmental environment where you can express your thoughts and feelings openly. With our personalized approach, we tailor each session to address your unique needs and empower you to overcome obstacles.
Through evidence-based techniques and a deep understanding of the human mind, our therapist will guide you on a transformative journey of self-discovery. Whether you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, or simply seeking personal growth, we’re here to provide guidance and practical tools for lasting change.
Time flies when you’re having fun! The T.C. Williams High School Class of 1973 will hold its 50th reunion July 21-23, 2023 in Alexandria. All graduates and their adult nears and dears are welcome. Events include a Friday evening icebreaker, Saturday dinner dance, and a Sunday brunch. For more information: tcwilliams73.com, 770.789.3534.