The big story this week was snow.
A snowstorm on Monday had the city working at clearing roads and putting weather-affected services back into play. There was a smaller dusting of snow last night, though it didn’t have nearly the same level of impact.
- Comcast working on fixing widespread internet service outages caused by fire and snowstorm
- JUST IN: Officials investigate fire at Jordan Street 7-Eleven
- PHOTOS: Scenes from today’s snowstorm in Alexandria
- Winter Weather Advisory issued ahead of Thursday night snow
- Power outage hits North Ridge neighborhood as weather topples trees and power lines
- DEVELOPING: Winter weather conditions shut down city services and some streets
- ACPS cancels school in Alexandria for students, but staff will have a virtual workday
- School closed tomorrow as students and staff both get proper snow day
- ACPS goes to virtual schooling Monday ahead of expected snow
- Alexandria Restaurant Week returns this month with new dining options
A power outage in Alexandria has impacted around 2,000 residents A Dominion Energy outage map indicated that 1,998 customers are currently affected by the outage. Scanner chatter indicated that intersection…
Alexandria will start interviewing candidates next month to independently review allegations of police misconduct, according to City Manager Jim Parajon. It’s been more than five months since the Alexandria Community…
The City of Alexandria has a handful of irons in the fire when it comes to stormwater management, but one new approach is one of the oldest tactics: storing runoff…
Alexandria’s City Council recently approved guidelines for the creation of new Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), self-taxed commercial areas where a new organization could be dedicated to turning the area into…