The top story this week was on Sunday, when a driver struck and killed local resident Roy Saravia Alvarez. The driver, Fredy Ortiz-Dominguez of Hyattsville, Maryland, was arrested last night and charged with involuntary manslaughter.
Here were the most-read stories around ALXnow this week:
- UPDATED: Pedestrian struck and killed in Arlandria
- Construction begins for Inova’s massive Oakville Triangle project
- Petition gains steam to save Torpedo Factory artist studios
- Multi-use development at 1300 King Street could be finished by late 2022, says developer
- City considers axing Complete Streets feedback form
- Deterioration forces additional closures to Arlington-Alexandria bridge
- Francis C. Hammond Middle School student suspended for alleged ‘shooting up the school’ message
- Alexandria looks to improve Van Dorn Street bridge and Holmes Run Trail crossing
- Archeologists discover new pieces of early 19th century waterfront brewery in Old Town
- New field lighting baked into Minnie Howard campus expansion permitting
Like expert fingers knitting a long scarf, Danielle Romanetti is busy. Romanetti’s yarn shop fibre space (1319 Prince Street) is prepped and ready for Plaid Friday, an alternative to Black…
The Alexandria Health Department is advising residents to take COVID-19 tests before and after traveling this Thanksgiving holiday weekend. “Everyone has a role in keeping COVID-19 out of holiday gatherings,”…
Included in this week’s Just Listed is a 5 BD/4 BA brick colonial home with a finished lower level, patio and fenced rear yard.
(Updated 1:30 p.m.) Police say a barricade situation that’s been ongoing for roughly 24 hours has been peacefully resolved. It started with a road-rage incident around noon yesterday (Tuesday) that…