The top story this week was on Sunday, when a driver struck and killed local resident Roy Saravia Alvarez. The driver, Fredy Ortiz-Dominguez of Hyattsville, Maryland, was arrested last night and charged with involuntary manslaughter.
Here were the most-read stories around ALXnow this week:
- UPDATED: Pedestrian struck and killed in Arlandria
- Construction begins for Inova’s massive Oakville Triangle project
- Petition gains steam to save Torpedo Factory artist studios
- Multi-use development at 1300 King Street could be finished by late 2022, says developer
- City considers axing Complete Streets feedback form
- Deterioration forces additional closures to Arlington-Alexandria bridge
- Francis C. Hammond Middle School student suspended for alleged ‘shooting up the school’ message
- Alexandria looks to improve Van Dorn Street bridge and Holmes Run Trail crossing
- Archeologists discover new pieces of early 19th century waterfront brewery in Old Town
- New field lighting baked into Minnie Howard campus expansion permitting
The big story in Alexandria this week was the murder of Luis Mejia Hernandez on Tuesday. Hernandez was stabbed and killed in a brawl outside of the Mcdonald’s in the…
After a Sunday storm that knocked out power to much of the city, some locals suggested Dominion Energy look into undergrounding more of its utilities, but the power company says…
A 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a slate patio, fully finished basement and over 2,000 sq. ft. is included in Open Houses.
A severe thunderstorm warning has been issued for Alexandria and the city is starting to see heavy rainfall. The city is also under an areal flood watch. “The National Weather…