It was another busy week in Alexandria.
The fallout of Wilson’s announcement that he would not run for reelection continues, with two City Council members — Vice Mayor Amy Jackson and Council member Alyia Gaskins — announcing their campaigns for mayor.
Meanwhile, former Teamster leader and substitute teacher Tim Beaty is squaring off with managing broker and former Parks and Recreation Commissioner Gina Baum for School Board District A, running to replace Willie Bailey, who abruptly resigned earlier this year.
The most-read stories this week were:
- Alexandria’s Natural Resources Manager ‘retires early in frustration’ after battles within city government (9895 views)
- Alexandria City High School evacuated due to bomb threat (6388 views)
- JUST IN: Two City Council members vie to replace Alexandria Mayor (5936 views)
- Notes: Alexandria resident becomes president of Silver Diner (4384 views)
- Alexandria investing in thousands of mussels to help clean the Potomac River (3308 views)
- Notes: Alexandria police chief apologizes for earlier letter saying department will arrest people wearing ski masks (2699 views)
- Notes: Home explodes in Arlington neighborhood last night amid police incident (2288 views)
- Old Town development sparks Planning Commission debate over Alexandria’s broader planning process (2021 views)
ALXnow will be running a series of City Council candidate interviews through the local election filing deadline on April 4. City Councilman John Taylor Chapman says that he wants small…
As Alexandria’s City Council and School Board work to reconcile their budgets, Mayor Justin Wilson scolded School Board leadership for not taking a longer view of budgets and planning. Alexandria’s…
It’s a big (green) weekend in Alexandria! The Ballyshaners 41st Alexandria Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step off from the corner of King Street and St. Asaph Street at 12:15…
Washington D.C. resident Dykwon Perry Davis has been indicted by a multi-jurisdictional jury on two felony charges: abduction with intent to defile and attempted rape. Davis is charged with the…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.