There are some exciting changes underway this week, from new businesses to new infrastructure improvements.
While Astro Beer Hall (4001 Campbell Avenue) is outside of Alexandria in the Shirlington neighborhood, the new donut shop and beer hall struck a nerve with Alexandrians.
Astro Beer Hall features baked goods, Compass Coffee, and arcade games — a winning combination.
Meanwhile, work is starting on an overhaul to a major intersection on King Street, creating better pedestrian crossings, extending the King Street bike infrastructure and more.
The most-read stories this week were:
- Alexandria leaders dismayed by developer’s baffling ‘WestEnd’ project name (24915 views)
- Construction on King Street intersection redesign kicking off next week (9243 views)
- Notes: New arcade-themed donut shop and beer hall opens in Shirlington (7603 views)
- City Council-BAR divided on whether Alexandria should stay a red brick town (6557 views)
- Victim says he was stripped of clothes at gunpoint in Mount Vernon Avenue robbery (4697 views)
- Open house next week highlights major changes planned for King Street rail hub (3819 views)
- Alexandria City Council approves new special use permit guidelines, despite concerns (3022 views)
- ‘Single Living’ on the rise in Alexandria, particularly among women (2649 views)
- Old Town Ace Hardware getting external overhaul to match new expansion (1637 views)
- This obscure New Deal-era program could keep a major arts nonprofit in Alexandria (1413 views)
Alexandrians who have been trying to flood-proof their homes should find it a little easier to get city funding. Alexandria’s Flood Mitigation Grant Program received an update in October that…
Good Tuesday morning, Alexandria! ☀️ Today’s weather: Expect a mostly sunny day, with temperatures reaching a high of around 38 degrees. The northwest wind will be ranging from 6 to…
Santa Claus will don a kilt and bagpipes this weekend for the Scottish Christmas Walk in Old Town. Here’s what you need to know about the annual event. Congressman Don…
A new residential development that created a stir among some Old Town residents is heading to Alexandria’s Planning Commission next week. The new development at 301 N. Fairfax Street —…
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical