The “Top Stories” post has to start with an apology and correction for the lead story.
As was noted on Twitter: the top story about a new milkshake bar in Old Town did not have a joke about the 2003 hit song by Kelis “Milkshake.” This was an oversight on the part of the site editors.
I am deeply disappointed in AlxNow for posting a whole article on a milkshake shop and not once mentioning how many boys it will bring to the yard.
— so many photos, so little time (@KCadenaPlanner) February 27, 2023
The Crazy Mason will, surely, bring all the boys to the yard.
That aside, it was a big week for development in Alexandria. A West End office was recently converted into an apartment tower and a long-awaited affordable housing development in the Braddock neighborhood cleared City Council.
Inova also announced that it hopes for a 250-foot height allowance for the upcoming hospital project at Landmark.
The most-read stories this week were:
- New milkshake bar coming to Old Town this summer
- Car meetups are happening at night in parking lots in Arlandria and Potomac Yard
- JUST IN: Alexandria man arrested after alleged carjacking of DASH bus in the West End
- High-rise West End office building converted into 212-unit apartment tower
- No arrests after shots fired near Alexandria Commons Shopping Center Thursday night
- Notes: Massive Braddock affordable housing project gets City Council approval
- Notes: Family of nuclear physicist who died by suicide in Alexandria jail sues government
- Alexandria’s School Board and City Council butt heads over school safety
- Notes: Bronx-style bodega opens on King Street
- Notes: Deputy Chief Brian Hricik dies after battle with cancer
There were no injuries or arrests after gunfire was reported in the West End early Friday morning — a separate incident from the other West End shooting this morning where…
A 2 BD/1.5 BA home with refinished floors, renovated bathroom and fenced backyard is included in Just Listed.
One male victim was seriously injured in an armed robbery just before 9:30 this morning, and as of 10 a.m. the suspects are still at large.
New parking meters are being installed in Alexandria to ditch the old pay-and-display system. Earlier this year, the city started moving away from pay and display systems with new pay-by-plate…
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING brings people a fast, affordable, and high-quality solution for all of their interior or exterior residential and commercial painting projects. We respect your time as much as you do and provide the quality paint job you expect, in a timeline that is unexpected.
Schedule a consult today:
The Made in ALX Fall Makers’ Market at Port City Brewing Co. in Alexandria is set for Sunday, Sept. 24!
This is the fall’s most fun sip-and-shop, featuring craft beer from the award-winning Port City Brewing Co. along with food,