Around town, there were a few notable businesses closing, like Kiskadee in Del Ray, and a couple openings, like Bob and Edith’s in Old Town early next week.
As the city heads into the last weekend in February, the Alexandria School Board also unanimously approved bringing Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) regulations into line with requirements that masks be considered optional in schools.
- First responders investigate bizarre early morning incident at Braddock post office
- The George Washington Birthday Parade is back on President’s Day in Old Town
- JUST IN: Late-night crash sends several to trauma centers
- New Old Town Bob and Edith’s to open next week
- Police: Juvenile arrested after shots fired in West End
- Update: Potomac Yard Metro station construction is 70% complete
- Alexandria man arrested for pointing firearm at mother’s head
- Grand opening celebration and deals announced for new Alexandria Bonchon chicken
- Alexandria workers and residents plan rally to push for more from GenOn redevelopment
- Alexandria man arrested for stealing luxury cars with fake IDs
Alexandria Police have released the identities of the two men killed on Insterstate 495 near Telegraph Road on May 12. Abdellah Bougrine, 54, of Alexandria, and Driss Bougrine, 59, of…
Mother of teen killed in attempted carjacking speaks out — “A mother is mourning the death of her 18-year-old son, who was fatally shot Friday in Alexandria, Virginia, after police say…
(Updated 5:30 p.m.) Alexandria law enforcement is investigating the death of Anthony Mouf, a 25-year-old Fairfax County man in Alexandria’s William G. Truesdale Adult Detention Center According to a city…
Alexandria parents should consider breastfeeding and using cow’s milk for short periods during the nationwide baby formula shortage, according to the Alexandria Health Department (AHD). Those were just a couple…