Some of the biggest stories this week in Alexandria concerned the question: how quickly should governments move regulations to pre-pandemic levels, if at all?
The biggest example this week was Gov. Glenn Youngkin signing a bill ending mask mandates in schools. Like with Youngkin’s opposition to the grocery tax, it’s not a fully partisan issue, with three Democrats in the state senate backing the plan. The bill is effective immediately, but schools have until March 1 to comply. Alexandria’s School Board has already scheduled a meeting to discuss compliance with the new rule.
Locally, Alexandria’s Planning Commission will be taking a look at continuing eased restrictions on restaurants and businesses after local retail said they need more time to recover from this past winter’s omicron variant.
- Alexandria may have found its Comcast competitors
- Alexandria Police investigate Home Depot Robbery
- West End massive affordable housing apartment complex going to City Council on Saturday
- Alexandria man arrested for stealing luxury cars with fake IDs
- Alexandria City Public Schools announces special meeting to discuss mask requirements
- West End Mcdonald’s robber sentenced for series of similar robberies
- Poll: Should Virginia’s grocery tax be eliminated?
- Former voter registrar Anna Leider has died
- City looking at creating more King Street pedestrian-only blocks
- Del Ray Vintage Flea Market returns this Saturday
It’s been another week bookended with violence in Alexandria’s West End. On Saturday, a man was shot in the Landmark area during a suspected carjacking. The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries….
Alexandrians should brace for a stormy weekend. Rain is likely to kick off tonight after 11 p.m. and there’s a good chance it will continue through the weekend as a…
There were no injuries or arrests after gunfire was reported in the West End early Friday morning — a separate incident from the other West End shooting this morning where…
A 2 BD/1.5 BA home with refinished floors, renovated bathroom and fenced backyard is included in Just Listed.
Sometimes mold is easy to spot, but you don’t know how deep inside your walls it has spread. It can grow in sinks, cabinets, and other places you frequent every day. If you find mold, the question remains: Do I call a professional? Thistle Environmental, LLC believes in quality, comprehensive testing.
CALL NOW: (703) 929-4036
WOW 1 DAY PAINTING brings people a fast, affordable, and high-quality solution for all of their interior or exterior residential and commercial painting projects. We respect your time as much as you do and provide the quality paint job you expect, in a timeline that is unexpected.
Schedule a consult today:
The Made in ALX Fall Makers’ Market at Port City Brewing Co. in Alexandria is set for Sunday, Sept. 24!
This is the fall’s most fun sip-and-shop, featuring craft beer from the award-winning Port City Brewing Co. along with food,