Busy week with big things afoot in Alexandria.
Plans for the GenOn power plant and the redevelopment of Minnie Howard are moving forward through the city review process, with both projects working out the details on how to make them more pedestrian and cyclist-friendly.
- Alexandria man convicted of raping coworker
- Woman apprehended after allegedly slamming 19-month-old boy to ground at Inova Alexandria Hospital
- BREAKING: Alexandria man murdered in Lincolnia, Fairfax County man and juvenile arrested
- JUST IN: Sheriff says deputy was wrong in interaction with YouTuber filming outside city jail
- ACPS receives 88,000 KN95 masks after ignoring Governor Youngkin executive order
- Suspect not charged for West End shooting, arrested for other gun-related offenses
- Goth overhaul and rebranding planned for North Old Town Holiday Inn
- A bunch of new restaurants are coming to Alexandria this year
- Restaurant Depot plans expansion in Alexandria into neighboring open space
- Matt & Tony’s to open at former Charlie’s On The Avenue at the end of March
A 37-year-old Maryland man is being held without bond after allegedly sexually assaulting a girl younger than 13 years old in the Braddock area. The incident occurred at around 9…
Local non-profits donate school supplies — “On Wednesday May 18, 2022, the entrance of Francis C. Hammond Middle School was flooded with backpacks of school, hygiene, and arts and crafts supplies.”…
Alexandria’s Part 1 crime rate is up, and it’s mostly due to an increase in larcenies and thefts from cars. Police released the city’s Part 1 crime statistics for 2022…
Terrier mix Carlie might be a handful, but she makes up for it with positive energy. The three-year-old’s adoption fees have also been pre-paid by a generous donor, and the…