Busy week with big things afoot in Alexandria.
Plans for the GenOn power plant and the redevelopment of Minnie Howard are moving forward through the city review process, with both projects working out the details on how to make them more pedestrian and cyclist-friendly.
- Alexandria man convicted of raping coworker
- Woman apprehended after allegedly slamming 19-month-old boy to ground at Inova Alexandria Hospital
- BREAKING: Alexandria man murdered in Lincolnia, Fairfax County man and juvenile arrested
- JUST IN: Sheriff says deputy was wrong in interaction with YouTuber filming outside city jail
- ACPS receives 88,000 KN95 masks after ignoring Governor Youngkin executive order
- Suspect not charged for West End shooting, arrested for other gun-related offenses
- Goth overhaul and rebranding planned for North Old Town Holiday Inn
- A bunch of new restaurants are coming to Alexandria this year
- Restaurant Depot plans expansion in Alexandria into neighboring open space
- Matt & Tony’s to open at former Charlie’s On The Avenue at the end of March
It’s been a busy week in Alexandria. As teachers fought for a pay raise, Alexandria City High School (ACHS) students walked out of the classrooms in protest against Alexandria City…
(Updated 2:30 p.m.) The recently formed Alexandria Minority Business Association (AMBA) shared frustrations about a lawsuit putting a planned grant program on hold. The City of Alexandria approved a grant…
Yesterday, the tourism bureau Visit Alexandria presented a new logo to be used in marketing for the city. Reception online was mixed. The logo features the city’s name in lowercase…
Good Friday morning, Alexandria! 🌤 Today’s weather: Clear throughout the day. High of 42 and low of 33. ⛅ Tomorrow: Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 52 and low…
Bespoke women’s clothing designer, A.Oei Studio, is opening a fashion pop-up in Old Town Alexandria.
From Feb 2nd – March 29th, shop contemporary ready-to-wear pieces, view unique textile selections, and schedule a fitting for custom-made dresses, bridal and qipao.
Handcrafted in D.C., A.Oei Studio aims to offer an alternative vision of fashion – one that is centered around sustainability, artistry and personalized services.
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]