Free food distributions will be disrupted by the July 4 weekend in Alexandria, but food is still available.
Most notably there will not be any Alexandria City Public Schools distributions from Friday, July 3, until operations resume on Monday, July 6.
“Meal distribution locations and pop up sites will not operate on Friday, July 3, ahead of the Independence Day holiday,” advised ACPS.
Here are the available free food distribution points in the city this weekend, according to Hunger Free Alexandria.
- A bag lunch and food pantry distribution is available on Friday at Meade Memorial Episcopal Church (322 N. Alfred Street) from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meals and food will be served in the courtyard to go.
- Washington Street United Methodist Church (109 S. Washington Street) has a free breakfast Friday from 6-8 a.m.
- Christ House (131 S. West Street) has evening meals available every night of the week from 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- The ALIVE! food delivery program for COVID-19 patients, seniors, the disabled and single parents with young children is available for eligible residents by calling 703-746-5999
- Rising Hope United Methodist Church (8220 Russell Road) will provide grab-and-go meals from 1 to 2 p.m. on Friday while supplies last
Staff photo by James Cullum