Alexandria, like the rest of Northern Virginia, is scheduled to move into Phase 2 of reopening this Friday. For cooped up Alexandrians, that means local gyms and some entertainment venues could start to reopen.
According to the Alexandria Economic Development Partnership, this will mean a loosening of restrictions on local businesses, including:
- Restaurant and beverage establishments may offer indoor dining at 50 percent occupancy
- Fitness centers may open indoor areas at 30 percent occupancy,
- Certain recreation and entertainment venues without shared equipment may open with restrictions
- The current guidelines for non-essential retail and personal grooming services will largely remain the same in Phase Two
Restaurants are also still allowed to file for temporary outdoor dining permits, which were allowed during Phase 1 of reopening.
AEDP also announced that there will be industry-specific webinars to help guide local businesses on reopening policies.
- Fitness and Exercise facilities: Tomorrow (Wednesday) at 3 p.m.
- Restaurant and Beverage Services businesses: Tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4 p.m.
The City of Alexandria previously announced that many of the trash services that were suspended at the start of the pandemic will resume next Monday.
Still, on Facebook, Mayor Justin Wilson cautioned that Alexandrians should be cautious and continue wearing masks as Virginia starts reopening.
Today the Governor of Virginia announced that Northern Virginia would be joining the rest of the Commonwealth in Phase…
Staff photo by James Cullum
What a busy week in Alexandria. Our top story this week was on a juvenile who was shot outside the McDonald’s at the Bradlee Shopping Center on Tuesday, Sept. 21….
Kemal Kurspahic, managing editor of Alexandria-based The Connection Newspapers and acclaimed former editor-in-chief of Oslobodjenje, Sarajevo’s daily newspaper, died last week after a stroke, Connection Newspapers reported. Kurspahic, born Dec….
August Wilson’s ‘Fences‘ might just be one of the best productions that The Little Theatre of Alexandria has put on in years. The 1985 Pulitzer Prize-winning play is a close…
This week’s Just Listed spotlights a 1 BD/1 BA condo offered through the Alexandria Flexible Homeownership Assistance Program.