Many of the city’s collection services are scheduled to restart Monday, two weeks from now.
According to the new schedule:
- Mulch orders and delivery: Orders opened on Monday, June 1, and delivery of mulch is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 15
- Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Center: normal hours for the hazardous and electronics drop-off center are scheduled to resume on Monday, June 8
- Curbside yard waste collection: curbside collection is scheduled to resume on Friday, June 19. Curbside collection will be on Fridays only for all residents.
- Refuse and recycling collection of material allowed outside of City-issued carts: collection resumes on Monday, June 15
- Curbside bulk trash collection: collection resumes Monday, June 15
- Curbside metal/appliance collection: collection resumes Monday, June 15
- Citywide street sweeping: resumes Monday, June 15
- Farmers’ market food waste drop-off: suspended until Northern Virginia enters Phase 3
Staff photo by Jay Westcott
Fingerprints have linked a 59-year-old Alexandria man to a February 25 robbery at the 7-Eleven at 3412 Mount Vernon Avenue in the Arlandria area. The same suspect, Stanley Rivers, was…
(Updated 9:30 p.m.) After advancing in two straight preliminary races, Noah Lyles will run for the gold medal in the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday. Lyles’s family is staying at a…
Last year marked the first time in 14 years that ACPS saw an enrollment decrease, and with schools headed back to in-person teaching at the end of the month it’s…
A 5 BD/3.5 BA home on a half-acre lot sold for $2.5 million, making it one of the most expensive homes sold in July.