Mask makers, translators and grocery bag packers are just a few of the opportunities that Volunteer Alexandria has identified around the city.
“Every week, we need more than 100 volunteers to help our community to help people in need,” Volunteer Alexandria Executive Director Marion Brunken told ALXnow.
The following volunteer opportunities are now available:
- ALIVE! Grocery Bag Packers
- Nonprofit Customer Engagement
- Senior Services Groceries to Go Shopping/Delivery Program
- ACPS Mobile Pop-Up Meal Distribution
- ACPS Meal Distribution at Francis C. Hammond Middle School
- Food Distribution at Cora Kelly School
- Traffic Flow Coordinator at Cora Kelly School
- Translators for World Central Kitchen Meal Distribution
- Traffic Flow Coordinator at John Adams Elementary School
- Translators at John Adams Elementary School
- Food Distribution at T.C. Williams High School
- Food Distribution at Jefferson Houston School
Additionally, Volunteer Alexandria needs help making face masks.
Sewers needed to make masks. If you have a sewing machine — your sewing skills are needed to make masks. Have a sewing…
Photo via DASH/Facebook
A GoFundMe campaign has been launched to revitalize a memorial garden dedicated to peace and reflection after the 9/11 attacks. So far, more than $4,000 (out of a $9,000 goal)…
Since Birchmere reopened last July, the venue (3701 Mt Vernon Avenue) has had a few hit shows like KT Tunstall and The Steeldrivers later this week (tickets are sold out,…
A former receptionist at Landmark Honda posted bail after being arrested earlier this month for stealing and using a customer’s credit card. The incident occurred in January, and the suspect…
In its first regular show since shutting down last year, the Little Theatre of Alexandria is back to suspending disbelief with its latest farce, Neil Simon’s Rumors. “Laugh hard,” director…