ACT for Alexandria raised $2.45 million for more than 150 local nonprofits during its 10th annual fundraiser — breaking the record for the most funds raised in a single day.
In total, 8,453 donors raised $2,455,401 for 156 nonprofits in Alexandria during the Spring2ACTion event on Wednesday.
“I feel tremendous gratitude,” ACT President and CEO Heather Peeler told ALXnow. “When Alexandria’s nonprofit needed our community, people really stepped up.”
The original plan was to hold the fundraiser on April 29, but it was moved to April 15 due to an increased need brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“All of these organizations are operating under a tremendous amount of stress and strain,” Peeler said. “And yet they created the marketing plans and the outreach plans to communicate with and reach new donors throughout the day.”
Spring2ACTion, which is hosted by the foundation ACT for Alexandria, has raised more than $10 million for local nonprofits since its founding 10 years ago. All donations are tax deductible and irrevocable.
Spring2ACTion Top 10:
- ALIVE! raised $145,611 from 491 donors
- RunningBrooke raised $115,250 from 163 donors
- Casa Chirilagua raised $101,609 from 365 donors
- Friends of Guest House raised $77,178 from 159 donors
- Inova Alexandria Hospital raised $64,560 from 78 donors
- Metropolitan School of the Arts raised $62,636 from 102 donors
- Carpenter’s Shelter raised $57,747 from 256 donors
- Together We Bake raised $56,918 from 204 donors
- King Street Cats raised $50,540 from 524 donors
- Urban Alliance raised $47,692 from 494 donors
We at ALIVE! always knew we lived in a wonderful, caring community. The kind of City where we look after each other,…
Wow! Thanks to many of you we raised $101,759 today! Not only that but en route to raising that money you helped us meet…
YOU DID IT!!! $2.4M raised for 156 nonprofits. More than 8,400 donors! Thank you Alexandria for coming together to support our community when we needed you the most!
Image courtesy ACT for Alexandria