Alexandria now has 77 cases of COVID-19, according to the health department.
There was a surge of 53 cases over the last week, and the new figure is an addition of 10 cases since yesterday. The department said in a release that it expects the number to increase.
The city is also now recommending that residents wear cloth face masks in public.
According to a city release, “Wearing a cloth face covering is only effective when used in conjunction with frequent hand washing and physical distancing, which includes staying at least six feet away from other people.”
The full breakdown in Alexandria is below:
- March 11 — First positive case reported
- March 15 — Second positive case reported
- March 17 — Fourth positive case reported
- March 24 — The number of cases jumps to 13
- March 25 — The number of cases increases to 14
- March 26 — The number of cases increases to 20
- March 27 — The number of cases increases to 24
- March 28 — The number of cases increases to 28
- March 29 — The number of cases increases to 32
- March 31 — The number of cases increases to 44
- April 1 — The number of cases increases to 55
- April 2 — The number of cases increases to 67
- April 3 — The number of cases increases to 77
There have been 46 deaths and are now more than 2,000 cases of COVID-19 in Virginia, according to the Virginia Department of Health.
Staff photo by James Cullum
Ask McEnearney reviews the real estate during the first half of 2022.
Alexandria is developing a request for proposal (RFP) to potentially sell a tiny parcel of land at 2 King Street on the Alexandria waterfront. The 1,825-square-foot property is between Waterfront…
Children and adults who missed their Hogwarts letter can celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday with a special tour of the Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary Museum. This July 31, the Apothecary Museum will celebrate…
Gourmet Mexican Opens in Del Ray — “The shop sells high quality and authentic Mexican food and other goods.” [Alexandria Living Magazine] It’s Wednesday — Heavy rain starting in the afternoon….