There are now 67 cases of COVID-19, according to the Alexandria Health Department.
The new figure is an addition of 12 cases since yesterday, and the department said in a release that it expects the number to increase.
The full breakdown in Alexandria is below:
- March 11 — First positive case reported
- March 15 — Second positive case reported
- March 17 — Fourth positive case reported
- March 24 — The number of cases jumps to 13
- March 25 — The number of cases increases to 14
- March 26 — The number of cases increases to 20
- March 27 — The number of cases increases to 24
- March 28 — The number of cases increases to 28
- March 29 — The number of cases increases to 32
- March 31 — The number of cases increases to 44
- April 1 — The number of cases increases to 55
- April 2 — The number of cases increases to 67
There have been 41 deaths and are now more than 1,700 cases of COVID-19 in Virginia, according to the Virginia Department of Health.
Staff photo by James Cullum
A 20 year-old Alexandria man was shot to death in his car in Lincolnia, and a 20-year-old Fairfax County man and a 17-year-old alleged accomplice have been arrested for his…
The Electra America Hospitality Group sees Alexandria’s red brick facade and wants it painted black. The Holiday Inn Express in North Old Town could be rebranded to Hotel AKA as…
Alexandria resident Steven Orellana was found guilty yesterday (Tuesday) for rape of a coworker in 2019. The 32-year-old Orellana was dating the victim and they were coworkers, according to a…
Matt & Tony’s will open for all-day brunch this spring at the former Charlie’s On The Avenue, the new restaurant’s owner tells ALXnow. Alexandria Restaurant Partners bought the 3,000 square-foot…