There are now 55 positive cases of COVID-19 in Alexandria, the city’s Health Department Director Dr. Stephen Haering told city council on Wednesday night.
The new figure is an increase of 11 cases since yesterday.
The full breakdown in Alexandria is below:
- March 11 — First positive case reported
- March 15 — Second positive case reported
- March 17 — Fourth positive case reported
- March 24 — The number of cases jumps to 13
- March 25 — The number of cases increases to 14
- March 26 — The number of cases increases to 20
- March 27 — The number of cases increases to 24
- March 28 — The number of cases increases to 28
- March 29 — The number of cases increases to 32
- March 31 — The number of cases increases to 44
There are now more than 1,400 COVID-19 cases and 34 deaths related to the virus in Virginia, according to the Virginia Department of Health.
While the Virginia Railway Express (VRE) is working through plans to make September fare-free for all riders, that could be extended into October for Alexandria riders dealing with the Metro…
Updated 4:30 p.m. — A spokesperson representing Hilco Redevelopment Partners shared an email with WMWAA indicating that the Airports Authority “is comfortable that the City of Alexandria does not need…
The Alexandria City Council is poised to approve an amended plan to build a 473-unit affordable housing complex in Arlandria, now that St. Rita Catholic Church has signed off on…
Alexandria will be hiring more police officers, but Mayor Justin Wilson warned the fix to staffing challenges won’t be quick. The Alexandria Police Department is facing a chronic short-staffing issue…