There was a big piece of development news in Alexandria and, for the first time, it felt like it wasn’t about the Potomac Yard arena.
The Robinson Terminal North project has been a thorn in the side of the city’s ambition to have a contiguous waterfront. Now, that industrial block could see redevelopment as a site with public waterfront access.
The most-read stories this week were:
- Robinson Terminal North, a major piece of Alexandria’s Waterfront Plan, headed to city review next month (7604 views)
- Potomac Yard arena listening session on Thursday tackles controversial project’s biggest challenge (4108 views)
- JUST IN: Alexandria Police Chief Don Hayes announces departure (2956 views)
- Police: Man robbed by suspects with weapon in West End parking garage (2803 views)
- JUST IN: Student suffers suspected non-fatal overdose at Alexandria City High School (2755 views)
- School Board yet again sends Alexandria City Public Schools logo back to drawing board (2442 views)
- Mount Vernon Trail widening project clears planning hurdle (2019 views)
- Alexandria’s Library opens up about cause of last year’s electronic services shutdown (1724 views)
- Sam I Am needs a forever home (1508 views)
ALXnow will be running a series of City Council candidate interviews through the local election filing deadline on April 4. City Councilman John Taylor Chapman says that he wants small…
As Alexandria’s City Council and School Board work to reconcile their budgets, Mayor Justin Wilson scolded School Board leadership for not taking a longer view of budgets and planning. Alexandria’s…
It’s a big (green) weekend in Alexandria! The Ballyshaners 41st Alexandria Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step off from the corner of King Street and St. Asaph Street at 12:15…
Washington D.C. resident Dykwon Perry Davis has been indicted by a multi-jurisdictional jury on two felony charges: abduction with intent to defile and attempted rape. Davis is charged with the…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.