The week between Christmas and New Year’s Day is traditionally a little slow, but there was still plenty of news around Alexandria.
The top story was yet another office-to-apartment conversion planned for Old Town North, part of a trend of developers moving away from office space in the wake of the Covid pandemic and using those buildings for sorely needed housing.
The most-read stories this week were:
- High vacancy prompts office-to-apartment conversion proposal in Old Town North (8611 views)
- JUST IN: Man shot in bathroom of McDonald’s on Duke Street (7660 views)
- Notes: Seminary Road homes with ‘affordable homeownership program’ starting construction in May (7380 views)
- Alexandria Budget and Fiscal Affairs Advisory Committee members resign after criticizing ACPS superintendent (7184 views)
- Myron Mixon’s Pitmaster BBQ in Old Town rebranding (6652 views)
- New report says Potomac Yard arena would jump start economic development in the neighborhood (3696 views)
- Economic impact report on Potomac Yard arena faces skeptical public reaction (2623 views)
- Alexandria police searching for man who allegedly struck roommate in head with machete (2445 views)
- Notes: Alexandria Police Department hires contractor for Old Town parking crackdown (2164 views)
Image via Google Maps
ALXnow will be running a series of City Council candidate interviews through the local election filing deadline on April 4. City Councilman John Taylor Chapman says that he wants small…
As Alexandria’s City Council and School Board work to reconcile their budgets, Mayor Justin Wilson scolded School Board leadership for not taking a longer view of budgets and planning. Alexandria’s…
It’s a big (green) weekend in Alexandria! The Ballyshaners 41st Alexandria Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will step off from the corner of King Street and St. Asaph Street at 12:15…
Washington D.C. resident Dykwon Perry Davis has been indicted by a multi-jurisdictional jury on two felony charges: abduction with intent to defile and attempted rape. Davis is charged with the…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.