There was exciting new business news around Alexandria this week, with a new craft brewery opening and a new vegan cookie shop coming to town. They couldn’t all be winners though: most of the sentiment on social media was disappointment that the Banana Republic on prime real estate in Old Town would be replaced with a Chase Bank.
The most-read stories this week were:
- Mieza Blendery, a craft beer brewery, opens in Alexandria’s West End (7837 views)
- Torpedo Factory Art Center plans draw concern from resident artists (6720 views)
- Alexandria still cleaning up after Saturday’s severe storm (6321 views)
- Manager sentenced 1.5 years for stealing $500K from Alexandria office by creating fake employees (6159 views)
- Restaurant Week returns to Alexandria in two weeks (4969 views)
- Notes: New vegan cookie shop opening in Old Town next week (4793 views)
- Notes: Patrick Henry Principal wins Virginia Mrs. America crown, heads to nationals this month (4255 views)
- Trail Does Not Stop: Proposed changes could prioritize Mount Vernon Trail users in Old Town North (3999 views)
- International food festival returning to Old Town next month (3955 views)
A look at the smallest and largest homes sold in Alexandria last month, August 2023.
With emergency medical incidents taking up nearly 75% of calls for service, the Alexandria Fire Department (AFD) is planning to redeploy some of its resources, Fire Chief Corey Smedley tells…
From the 21st Annual Alexandria Old Town Art Festival to Oysterfest 2023, there’s something for everyone this weekend in Alexandria. Here’s a look at what’s happening for events, live music,…
The Alexandria Police Department (APD) said one man was injured in a robbery near the Mark Center. APD said the victim sustained minor injuries. Two male suspects reportedly attacked the…
If you have been thinking about buying your first home or haven’t owned one in the last three years, THIS IS FOR YOU!
In the DMV area, it can be difficult to save the downpayment necessary for you to get into your own home. We have a solution. The Funder’s Summit!
We have assembled a summit with different municipalities to tell you how to access their funds for your home purchase.
Our local therapy practice is delighted to welcome Stacey Cali, Resident in Counseling, who has openings now for new clients. Stacey specializes in therapy for women, couples, teens and families. A graduate of George Mason University’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling Masters Program, Stacey is also passionate about working with people with addiction.
Stacey’s approach: “Therapy’s a powerful combination of reflection, support and action. You’ll find sessions are filled with empowerment, compassion, goal setting and a metaphorical shovel to dig deep to find the root of your difficulties and how to move past them.”
Adds Stacey, “As a therapist who works with women, teens, couples and families, I use a personalized style of counseling, tailored to you as an individual. You’re the expert in your life, I’m just here to guide you towards transformation and healing.”