It’s been another busy week in Alexandria as the city heads into Memorial Day weekend.
Speaking of congestion, one major ongoing discussion in Alexandria this week was the Duke Street Transitway. The proposed transitway, which could included some sections of dedicated bus lanes as well as other transit and pedestrian improvements, has some concerned the project will only make traffic worse for those driving along Duke Street, though others said prioritizing car travel isn’t a viable solution as the Duke Street corridor becomes increasingly dense.
Before you head out, be sure to check out ALXnow’s annual reader survey.
- Alexandria retunes financing as Landmark Mall site infrastructure costs jump 40%
- Notes: U-Haul truck driver leads police on 95 mph chase through Alexandria
- Gostov Boulangerie & Brasserie opening May 30 in Del Ray
- Fair warning, driving this weekend is likely to be a pain
- Police Chief says there’s a ‘plethora’ of guns on the streets of Alexandria
- What to do if your Confederate-honoring Alexandria street gets renamed?
- Potomac River could rise by two feet on Alexandria waterfront by 2050
- Police responding to robbery at AutoZone in Arlandria
- Duke Street Transitway gets flack and fans at Transportation Commission review
- Alexandria kicking off Pride Month with drag queen storytelling
Featured in Just Listed is a 3 BD/2.5 BA townhome with 10 ft. ceilings, a private outdoor patio and a two-tiered roof top deck.
Virginia’s dual presidential primary is Tuesday, March 5. Here’s what you need to know about Super Tuesday in Alexandria. Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Unofficial…
A new conversion from an office to a ‘luxury rental development’ has broken ground in Old Town. American Real Estate Partners (AREP) is converting the 200,000-square-foot office building at 1101…
Good Friday morning, Alexandria! ⛈️ Today’s weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 54, but rain tonight after 10 p.m. and a low around 42. Rain tomorrow as well, mainly before 1…
Dreaming of small-town charm with big-city convenience? Look no further than 7156 Main St in Clifton, Virginia! Nestled just 30 miles from the heart of Washington D.C., this picturesque property offers the best of both worlds.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to find tranquility in this quaint, historic town. With its tree-lined streets and friendly community atmosphere, Clifton is the perfect place to call home. Yet, with its close proximity to the nation’s capital, you’ll never be far from the excitement and opportunities of urban living.
Imagine weekends exploring local shops, dining at charming cafes, and enjoying outdoor adventures in nearby parks. Then, commute to D.C. for work or play, soaking in all the culture, entertainment, and career opportunities the city has to offer.
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.