It was a busy week for the Alexandria Police Department.
After a weekend that had multiple shots fired calls, there were two shootings just a few hours apart at the Braddock Road Metro Station and the Bradlee Shopping Center. There were no injuries in either incident, but early that morning a 7-Eleven clerk was shot in the leg during a robbery.
Yesterday, a person walked into the Burke & Herbert Bank in Old Town and, after passing a note to a bank teller, left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The most-read stories this week were:
- BREAKING: Shooting reported at Bradlee Shopping Center
- Zoning permit discussion reveals Alexandria restaurant’s struggle with nude neighbor
- BREAKING: Shots fired reported near Braddock Road Metro station
- JUST IN: Police responding to bank robbery in Old Town
- Notes: Police say ‘subjects detained’ in Monday’s shootings
- Four ACPS schools placed in ‘secure the building mode’ today
- No arrest after clerk shot in leg at Duke Street 7-Eleven this morning
- Alexandria’s City Council approves zoning change for abortion clinics
- Alexandria Police Department plans cookouts to help reduce crime
- Notes: Wendy’s a no-show at its own Groveton grand opening
A look at the smallest and largest homes sold in Alexandria last month, January 2024.
The City of Alexandria wants federal help to make the stretch of Seminary Road northwest of I-395 safer. The City Council is slated to review a grant application to the…
Here’s your weekly look at the events, live music, and entertainment that are happening around Alexandria this weekend; enjoy! Are you organizing an event? Submit events to ALXnow. FRIDAY, FEBRUARY…
While pro-Potomac Yard arena advocates and lobbyists are making the rounds in Richmond, a group of locals are also knocking on doors in the legislature fighting against the arena. Former…
Are you looking to work on health and fitness from the comfort of your own home?
Skip the big box gym and try out our in-home personal training service. We bring the gym to you so that you can save time and avoid the hassle of going the the crowded gym.
We bring all the equipment you need for a solid workout and if you have a community gym we can use that too.
We offer programs that will help with weight loss, strength, flexibility, more energy and overall feeling better.
Peace in Gaza: Prayer Liturgy and Community Discussion for Peace in Arlington VA, Sunday, Feb. 11, 10:15 AM
Prayer, liturgy, and community discussion for peace in Gaza, an immediate cease fire and resumption of humanitarian aid will be hosted by Nova Catholic Community. The focus will be Pope Francis’ call for an immediate ceasefire, the release of all hostages, resumption of humanitarian aid for Palestinians in Gaza, and peace talks for a lasting and just peace for all people in the region.
Discussion will follow at Noon on US military role in the conflict and appropriate steps the US should take to foster peace and rebuilding. Light lunch served.
Again this year, The Critical Mass, LLC, the Made in ALX store and local Ukrainian-American artists are throwing a Pysanky Party — and partnering on a fundraiser for the nonprofit organization Razom for Ukraine.
The free event, from 5 –