Good Monday morning, Alexandria!
☔ Today’s weather: Light rain. Mostly cloudy. Mild. High of 66 and low of 56.
🌤 Tomorrow: Decreasing cloudiness. Mild. High of 65 and low of 50. Sunrise at 6:28 am and sunset at 7:47 pm.
🚨 You need to know
Dozens of people lined up outside a new Wendy’s at Beacon Center (6634 Richmond Highway) in Groveton — just south of Alexandria — but the restaurant never opened its doors.
The event on Saturday was advertised as a grand opening, with the first 100 customers to be awarded free food for a year, but the restaurant didn’t open, ABC7 reported.
ABC7 reported that word on the grapevine was the Wendy’s did not pass inspection and a spokesperson for the company said the restaurant faced an “operational setback” but will provide an updated grand opening sometime in the future.
📈 Friday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Apr 14, 2023.
- Police: Man shot in Landmark area Thursday night (2554 views)
- ALXnow’s top stories this week in Alexandria (1222 views)
- Notes: Chirilagua’s Cocolita Food storefront closes, but catering remains (327 views)
- Just Listed in Alexandria (237 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Connect & Sip Café – A New Coffee Shop is Heading to 1320 Prince St. in Parker-Gray section of Alexandria
Zebra (Saturday @ 9:27 am)
- Second Annual Del Ray Garden Fest Coming April 23 to Mt. Vernon Ave. in Alexandria
Zebra (Friday @ 4:44 pm)
- Alexandria Pet Of The Week: Wrigley Has Puppy Love To Offer
Patch (Friday @ 4:05 pm)
- Free Fun for the Whole Family: YMCA Alexandria Celebrates Healthy Kids Day April 29
Zebra (Friday @ 4:04 pm)
- Rabbits Shot With Darts, Bank Standoff, Commanders Sale: Top VA News
Patch (Friday @ 3:23 pm)
- Mobile Learning Center Gives Alexandria Students Opportunity to Explore Career Paths
Zebra (Friday @ 2:31 pm)
- DONATE NOW: Kathy Wilson Foundation Provides Free Developmental Screenings for Preschoolers in Alexandria
Zebra (Friday @ 1:51 pm)
- 40 Alexandrians Participating In 2023 Boston Marathon
Patch (Friday @ 1:24 pm)
- New French Brasserie Josephine to Open in Old Town
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 12:32 pm)
- Foodie: Spring salad with lemon shallot vinaigrette: Move aside bagged lettuce and bottled salad dressing
Alexandria Times (Friday @ 10:55 am)
- Abortion Clinic Access Right Part Of Proposed Alexandria Zoning Change
Patch (Friday @ 10:41 am)
- Alexandria Gets New Option for Fresh Food and Gourmet Coffee on Eisenhower Ave.
Zebra (Friday @ 9:58 am)
- Ozzie Seeks Energetic Family
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 8:28 am)
- School Speed Zone Cameras Begin Issuing Fines in Fairfax County
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 7:58 am)
- 3 Development Project Proposals Canceled
Alexandria Living (Friday @ 7:30 am)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on today in Alexandria, from our event calendar.
- No events today. Have one to promote? Submit it to the calendar.
A new development at 1604-1614 King Street, sharing a similar name with a London locale and a mediocre Overwatch map, could see a group of new condos built a stone’s…
After a flurry of activity, the Del Ray Christmas tree is finally at home at Pat Miller Neighborhood Square. The 32-foot-tall Fraser fir was lifted by a crane and installed…
French and Italian tableware and home goods boutique Crème de la Crème will open at 907 King Street in March. The Middleburg-based retailer recently signed a five-year lease with building…
Alexandrians who have been trying to flood-proof their homes should find it a little easier to get city funding. Alexandria’s Flood Mitigation Grant Program received an update in October that…
Unwrap the magic of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday all weekend at Current Boutique! Dive into luxury with exclusive deals on pre-loved designer treasures, celebrating sustainable fashion with every purchase. Whether in-store or online, indulge in guilt-free glamour and support local businesses. ✨🛍️👗
💥 Sale: 25% off everything & 50% off tall boots
📅 Date: Friday November 24 – Sunday November 26
The Georgetown Visitation Masqueraders proudly present
Descendants The Musical