Good Friday morning, Alexandria!
☔ Today’s weather: Rain throughout the day. High of 71 early in the morning but cooler most of the day, with a low of 48. Sunrise at 7:07 am and sunset at 7:25 pm.
🚨 You need to know
Elo’s Italian at 1603 Commonwealth Avenue in Del Ray will close at the end of the month, Patch reported.
Owners Justus Frank and Jeremy Barber announced the restaurant, which started as a pop-up in spring 2021, will shut down after March 31.
Patch noted that Frank and Barber’s other Del Ray restaurant, The Garden, will remain open.
Meanwhile, Tex-Mex restaurant Dos Amigos will move into the location afterward — though it will be renamed Dos Hermanos due to the proximity of another restaurant called Dos Amigos by the Braddock Road Metro station, Washington Business Journal reported.
Photo via Elo’s Italian/Facebook
📈 Thursday’s most read
The following are the most-read ALXnow articles for Mar 23, 2023.
- BREAKING: Bank robbery reported in Arlandria (3780 views)
- Alexandria man arrested after allegedly strangling ex-girlfriend (2569 views)
- Notes: Senator J.D. Vance welcomed to Del Ray with ‘yarn bombing’ near new home (1117 views)
- Alexandria’s gun-related crime skyrocketed 100% in 2022 (808 views)
🗞 Other local coverage
- Former CIA Officer Pens Spy Thriller
Alexandria Living (Thursday @ 6:00 pm)
- Alexandria Named A Best Place To Travel In 2023: Money
Patch (Thursday @ 4:18 pm)
- Marine Resources Commission-Public Notice
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 3:53 pm)
- Board of Architectural Review- Legal Notice of a Public Hearing
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 3:52 pm)
- Poor Robert’s Ruminations with Rob Whittle: Are they a good egg?
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 1:26 pm)
- Your Views: How about a population cap?
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 1:11 pm)
- Your Views: The taxpayer loses in Alexandria
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 1:05 pm)
- Our View: Something’s wrong here
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:53 pm)
- Bank Robbery Reported In Alexandria’s Arlandria Neighborhood
Patch (Thursday @ 12:49 pm)
- VOTE TODAY: Animal Welfare League of Alexandria Eligible for $10K Grant
Zebra (Thursday @ 12:38 pm)
- ‘Mamma Mia!’ a hit at SSSAS
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:35 pm)
- Food and health: A journey of wellness can start with the smallest step
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:27 pm)
- Understanding home sale taxes: Here’s what you need to know at tax time if you sold in 2022
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 12:21 pm)
- Alexandria Pet Of The Week: Rex Will Win You Over With Smile
Patch (Thursday @ 12:11 pm)
- Designing for yourself: Del Ray homeowners lean into the process and love the product
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 10:44 am)
- Today’s Cargo celebrates its 50th anniversary
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 10:35 am)
- People With Disabilities Employed By Alexandria Dog Treat Nonprofit
Patch (Thursday @ 10:33 am)
- Today’s Cargo celebrates its 50th anniversary
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 10:08 am)
- Ukraine relief benefit concert planned
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:56 am)
- Mulch delivery service available
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:52 am)
- Ting Internet brings free internet
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:48 am)
- New view in Old Town
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:43 am)
- Local caregiver receives foundation’s top award
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:38 am)
- Walk-in services at AHD suspended
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:35 am)
- ACPS students honor essential workers
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:32 am)
- Inova campus at Landmark approved
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:29 am)
- Council sets maximum tax rate
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:20 am)
- Two-alarm fire causes $1.2M in damages
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:16 am)
- Warehouse to become market/event space
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:09 am)
- City seeks applicants for board vacancies
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:04 am)
- Man suffers gun shot wound
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 9:01 am)
- Expungement clinic to be held: Vice mayor, other officials partner to clear eligible arrest records
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 8:57 am)
- ‘You can’t put a price on the safety of our students:’ ACPS to install weapons detectors in schools
Alexandria Times (Thursday @ 8:37 am)
Alexandria Natural Resources Manager Rod Simmons has been a prominent voice for environmental concerns around the city in recent years, but Simmons told ALXnow that battles behind the scenes have…
Mutual respect, growth, and an ability to be vulnerable: That’s the kind of relationship retiring Alexandria Fire Chief Corey Smedley wants with his next job, wherever that might be. Smedley…
A 48-year-old Alexandria man was charged last month with illegally discharging a firearm in his back yard in the Potomac West neighborhood of Alexandria. The incident allegedly occurred on Wednesday,…
Homeownership or renting? Ask McEnearney delves in to the real costs of renting.
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Get ready to Shake, Rattle and Roll with this one-of-a-kind, high-octane rockabilly concert experience! Rockabilly Rumble is the all-new, musical experience celebrating the southern rock music that exploded on the scene in the 1950s. Organized by Alexandria City High School Alum and pro-musician Sam C. Jones, this band of world-class performers will have you dancing in your Blue Suede Shoes all night long with songs made famous by Bo Ridley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and more. Relive their most popular hits, along with some forgotten gems. “Rockabilly Rumble” is a dance-worthy, foot stomping evening you’ll never forget!
This show is 21+ only.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHYSICAL ID. A PICTURE OF YOUR ID IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.