Busy week in Alexandria. The city’s budget process is moving forward, with a maximum tax rate set last week, and details emerging like how the budget will handle the long-awaited body camera program for the Alexandria Police Department. There was also some fun local oddities, like plans to re-sink a couple of the historic ships.
Police also made a pair of relatively high profile arrests: like a man arrested for a shooting in February and another arrested in Texas after allegedly striking Alexandria police officers with his car in an escape attempt last December.
- Alexandria man arrested after woman shot in face in Landmark area
- Interstates backed up near Alexandria due to trucker convoy
- JUST IN: Call Your Mother Deli pulls out of Old Town
- Superintendent advises Alexandria School Board to not talk to the media
- School Board meeting gets heated over formation of school law enforcement advisory group
- Adoption fees have been covered for Oshkosh, says Animal Welfare League of Alexandria
- Numerous charges after Alexandria man backs car into police cruiser in Old Town
- JUST IN: ACHS lockdown lifted after police investigate nearby car crash
- Plans unveiled for parking lot redevelopment in the heart of Old Town
- Larry and Christine Ponzi opening third St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub in May
Two Alexandria City Public Schools will be getting metal detectors before the end of this school year. On Thursday night, the School Board voted 7-0 (Board Chair Meagan Alderton and…
A 5 BD/3 BA home with a screened porch, two wood burning fireplace and stone patio is included in Just Listed.
It’s that time of year: Girl Scout cookies are back in season. Cookie both sales are starting to pop up around Alexandria starting today. You could chance stumbling across one,…
Good Friday morning, Alexandria! ⛅ Today’s weather: Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 41 and low of 18. 🌤 Tomorrow: Clear throughout the day. High of 36 and low…
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are: