It’s been a busy week of highs and lows in Alexandria, with some big bureaucratic decisions and fundraising paired with some crimes and a fatal car crash.
After a long search, Alexandria picked a new city manager this week: James F. Parajon from Arlington, Texas.
In other big news, the Scottish Christmas Walk and other holiday weekend activities like the boat show are scheduled for tomorrow in Old Town. A majority of poll respondents said they plan to attend, so we’ll see you there!
- Maryland woman allegedly drove on sidewalk while fleeing Potomac Yard shoplifting investigation
- Alexandria man identified after Sunday’s crash at Duke Street overpass on Interstate 395
- Multiple car break-ins reported in parking lot of Arlandria apartment building
- JUST IN: James F. Parajon hired as Alexandria city manager
- Alexandria Commons holiday festival scheduled next week
- Alexandria heads into Scottish Christmas Walk weekend with declining COVID numbers
- JUST IN: Police announce charges for suspect in Woods Place barricade situation
- Carlyle neighborhood could change School Board districts
- Alexandria VRE project in final design ahead of construction next year
- Old Town salon announces grand reopening with huge expansion
Jones Point Park live-action roleplayers fight with foam swords, create community — “It is Sunday at Jones Point Park, and today is the day Marcus finds glory on the battlefield.” [Alexandria…
Police are investigating a grand larceny from a local glasses business in the city’s West End. The incident took place at the Bauer’s Optical (4680 King Street) in Shoppes at…
Three years after Alexandria’s School Board voted to stick with one high school, plans are headed to Alexandria’s City Council that could help shed light on what that one high…
Among the slate of new officials being picked for statewide positions under Governor Glenn Youngkin is a familiar face among Alexandria Republicans: former City Council candidate Monique Miles. Miles was…