It’s been a busy week of highs and lows in Alexandria, with some big bureaucratic decisions and fundraising paired with some crimes and a fatal car crash.
After a long search, Alexandria picked a new city manager this week: James F. Parajon from Arlington, Texas.
In other big news, the Scottish Christmas Walk and other holiday weekend activities like the boat show are scheduled for tomorrow in Old Town. A majority of poll respondents said they plan to attend, so we’ll see you there!
- Maryland woman allegedly drove on sidewalk while fleeing Potomac Yard shoplifting investigation
- Alexandria man identified after Sunday’s crash at Duke Street overpass on Interstate 395
- Multiple car break-ins reported in parking lot of Arlandria apartment building
- JUST IN: James F. Parajon hired as Alexandria city manager
- Alexandria Commons holiday festival scheduled next week
- Alexandria heads into Scottish Christmas Walk weekend with declining COVID numbers
- JUST IN: Police announce charges for suspect in Woods Place barricade situation
- Carlyle neighborhood could change School Board districts
- Alexandria VRE project in final design ahead of construction next year
- Old Town salon announces grand reopening with huge expansion
While the Virginia Railway Express (VRE) is working through plans to make September fare-free for all riders, that could be extended into October for Alexandria riders dealing with the Metro…
Updated 4:30 p.m. — A spokesperson representing Hilco Redevelopment Partners shared an email with WMWAA indicating that the Airports Authority “is comfortable that the City of Alexandria does not need…
The Alexandria City Council is poised to approve an amended plan to build a 473-unit affordable housing complex in Arlandria, now that St. Rita Catholic Church has signed off on…
Alexandria will be hiring more police officers, but Mayor Justin Wilson warned the fix to staffing challenges won’t be quick. The Alexandria Police Department is facing a chronic short-staffing issue…