Next week is a double-hitter in terms of holidays, with Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday and Inauguration Day on Wednesday.
As with many holidays, all government offices will be completely closed on both days, but other services around the city are operating on different schedules:
- Residential trash and recycling will not be collected on Monday, with pickup delayed by one day throughout the week. Monday collection will be on Tuesday, Tuesday on Wednesday, and so-on. The hazardous waste center at 3224 Colvin Street will be closed on Monday.
- The animal shelter will be open be open from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. by appointment only
- Schools will be closed on Monday, but virtual classes will be held on Wednesday.
- All library services will be closed on Monday and Wednesday.
- The Alexandria Police Department also announced that they will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces and residential permit parking districts on Monday and Wednesday, though parking in normally prohibited zones is still subject to fines or towing.
- DASH bus service will operate on a Saturday schedule on Monday but will run regular service on Wednesday. The trolly remains suspended until further notice.
Del Ray Italian restaurant to close — “Rosemarino D’Italia will close its doors after Wednesday, July 28 at its Alexandria location in Del Ray, after serving up Italian cuisine to…
What an unexpectedly busy summer week in Alexandria. Here’s the rundown. Our top story was on an Alexandria woman who claims she was roofied at a restaurant on the waterfront…
A special insert to the Washington Post print edition today features a comic book adaptation of Alexandria track star Noah Lyles’ life. The twenty-page comic book is accompanied by a…
(Updated 1:25 p.m.) Southbound drivers on Beauregard Street were forced to find a detour around noon today (Friday) after a burning garbage truck closed southbound lanes at the intersection with…