What a year, right?
Even though the fireworks, scavenger hunt and live musical performances have been called off, there are still opportunities to get a taste of Alexandria this New Year’s Eve.
In the meantime, if you’re trying to remember/forget 2020, here is some New Year’s entertainment:
- First Night Alexandria‘s “A Night of Nostalgia” drive-in and virtual concert: For $60-$75 per car, visitors at 5001 Eisenhower Avenue can experience a drive-in concert on the big screen. The shows are at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. and include virtual fireworks shows
- A $20 virtual concert with performers including Jukeboxx, The Rock-A-Sonics, Jukeboxx, the Earth Wind & Fire Tribute Band, The Jarreau Williams Experience
and the Clean AF Comedy Show
Food and Drink
No alcohol will be sold in Virginia past 10 p.m., and there are still tickets available for a number of in-person events.
These local restaurants have New Year’s deals:
- Blackwall Hitch‘s $40 special includes 12 ounces of Black Angus prime rib, asparagus with lemon butter sauce, roasted rosemary potatoes, and a salad
- Captain Gregory‘s is hosting a limited seating New Year’s Eve party
- The Fish Market is open for takeout and in-person dining until 12:30 a.m.
- Gadsby’s Tavern is offering in-person meals at 5:30, 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- Hummingbird will be open for brunch and is serving dinner to-go
- Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap is offering a $99 dinner for two with a $50 wine pairing
- Le Refuge has dinner reservations available at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. for three and four-course meals with a glass of champagne
- Magnolia’s On King has a $90 dinner and wine package for two and $160 package for four
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub is offering to-go New Year’s packages
- Northside 10 is offering all-you-can-eat oysters for $35 per person
- Pork Barrel BBQ is featuring a $59.95 salmon dinner for four, which includes a five piece portion of house smoked salmon, two quarts of sides, cornbread and award-winning barbecue sauce
- The Sushi Bar‘s $99.95 New Year’s Eve platter includes four house rolls, four signature rolls, salads and 12 ounces of sake
- Tempo Restaurant has a $52 per person dinner package, which includes a three course dinner and drinks
- Village Brauhaus will toast the German New Year at 6 p.m
Find more Alexandria restaurant offerings here.
Alexandria City Public Schools is seeing a shortage of classroom monitors, bus monitors and substitute teachers. Superintendent Gregory Hutchings, Jr. told the School Board last week that ACPS’ Human Resources…
The Alexandria City Council wants more than answers from Dominion Energy for a recent power outage on the busiest day of the year in Del Ray — they want restitution….
A new sprawling West End development near Landmark Mall is headed to the Planning Commission, but with a bigger emphasis on housing than before. Landmark Overlook is a proposed development…
Learn the the process or obtaining a real estate license as well as the cost and time it takes in the latest Ask McEnearney.