What a year, right?
Even though the fireworks, scavenger hunt and live musical performances have been called off, there are still opportunities to get a taste of Alexandria this New Year’s Eve.
In the meantime, if you’re trying to remember/forget 2020, here is some New Year’s entertainment:
- First Night Alexandria‘s “A Night of Nostalgia” drive-in and virtual concert: For $60-$75 per car, visitors at 5001 Eisenhower Avenue can experience a drive-in concert on the big screen. The shows are at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. and include virtual fireworks shows
- A $20 virtual concert with performers including Jukeboxx, The Rock-A-Sonics, Jukeboxx, the Earth Wind & Fire Tribute Band, The Jarreau Williams Experience
and the Clean AF Comedy Show
Food and Drink
No alcohol will be sold in Virginia past 10 p.m., and there are still tickets available for a number of in-person events.
These local restaurants have New Year’s deals:
- Blackwall Hitch‘s $40 special includes 12 ounces of Black Angus prime rib, asparagus with lemon butter sauce, roasted rosemary potatoes, and a salad
- Captain Gregory‘s is hosting a limited seating New Year’s Eve party
- The Fish Market is open for takeout and in-person dining until 12:30 a.m.
- Gadsby’s Tavern is offering in-person meals at 5:30, 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
- Hummingbird will be open for brunch and is serving dinner to-go
- Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap is offering a $99 dinner for two with a $50 wine pairing
- Le Refuge has dinner reservations available at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. for three and four-course meals with a glass of champagne
- Magnolia’s On King has a $90 dinner and wine package for two and $160 package for four
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub is offering to-go New Year’s packages
- Northside 10 is offering all-you-can-eat oysters for $35 per person
- Pork Barrel BBQ is featuring a $59.95 salmon dinner for four, which includes a five piece portion of house smoked salmon, two quarts of sides, cornbread and award-winning barbecue sauce
- The Sushi Bar‘s $99.95 New Year’s Eve platter includes four house rolls, four signature rolls, salads and 12 ounces of sake
- Tempo Restaurant has a $52 per person dinner package, which includes a three course dinner and drinks
- Village Brauhaus will toast the German New Year at 6 p.m
Find more Alexandria restaurant offerings here.
The base of the Appomattox statue has resurfaced atop Confederate graves in Alexandria. More than two years ago, the Appomattox statue was removed from Old Town by the United Daughters…
Alexandria City High School (ACHS) was evacuated in response to a bomb threat earlier today, the second day in a row that bomb threats have forced a school evacuation. The…
(Updated 4 p.m) Alexandria and several other localities have released an executive summary for a Regional Fair Housing Plan that not only provides some goals for housing but comes with…
A section of South Washington Street has been closed as the Alexandria Police Department (APD) and other city agencies respond to an oil spill. There are temporary lane closures around…
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are: