It’s election day, November 3, 2020. Here’s what you need to know about voting today in Alexandria.
On the ballot for Nov. 3 is the race for president and vice president, a U.S. Senate and Congressional seat and two proposed Constitutional Amendments.
The polls opened at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. More than 50% of Alexandria voters have cast their ballots so far, and the Alexandria results and statewide results will be posted after polls close tonight.
What To Expect At The Polls
Voters on November 3 should expect to find foot markers to encourage social distancing inside and outside polling precincts.
- Polling officers will be separated from voters by plexiglass, and will not touch any identification
- Voters will be required to wear face masks, and the Alexandria Medical Reserve Corps will be on-hand to make sure masks are worn properly. They will also have free masks
- Voters who can’t go into a polling precinct can vote curbside
- Ballots will be placed in one-time use manila folders
Polling Place Changes
- The voting location for the Ladrey Senior Building Precinct is Charles Houston Recreation Center (901 Wythe Street)
- The voting location for the Hermitage Precinct is John Adams Elementary School (5651 Rayburn Avenue)
- The voting location for the Douglas MacArthur School Precinct is the George Washington Masonic National Memorial (101 Callahan Drive)
See a sample ballot below the jump.
The long and tangled history of the Appomattox statue that once stood at the intersection of S. Washington Street and Prince Street took another turn this week as ALXnow learned…
Two Alexandria City Public Schools will be getting metal detectors before the end of this school year. On Thursday night, the School Board voted 7-0 (Board Chair Meagan Alderton and…
A 5 BD/3 BA home with a screened porch, two wood burning fireplace and stone patio is included in Just Listed.
It’s that time of year: Girl Scout cookies are back in season. Cookie both sales are starting to pop up around Alexandria starting today. You could chance stumbling across one,…
Hi, my name is Moneim Z., and I am a blind male with chronic kidney disease, who needs a living kidney donor for a transplant. My blood type is B+, and I can accept a kidney from individuals who have blood types B and O.
To read my story, please see the attached letter.
To contact me directly, please email me at [email protected] or call at 571-428-5065. My living donor coordinator at INOVA Hospital, Amileen Cruz can be reached at (703) 776-8370 , or via email at [email protected]
If you’re looking for a mental health professional in Virginia, Washington D.C., or Maryland, we can help.
We provide a confidential and convenient way to get the help you need from the comfort of your own home.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation to see if our services fit your needs.
The services we offer are: