It’s election day, November 3, 2020. Here’s what you need to know about voting today in Alexandria.
On the ballot for Nov. 3 is the race for president and vice president, a U.S. Senate and Congressional seat and two proposed Constitutional Amendments.
The polls opened at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. More than 50% of Alexandria voters have cast their ballots so far, and the Alexandria results and statewide results will be posted after polls close tonight.
What To Expect At The Polls
Voters on November 3 should expect to find foot markers to encourage social distancing inside and outside polling precincts.
- Polling officers will be separated from voters by plexiglass, and will not touch any identification
- Voters will be required to wear face masks, and the Alexandria Medical Reserve Corps will be on-hand to make sure masks are worn properly. They will also have free masks
- Voters who can’t go into a polling precinct can vote curbside
- Ballots will be placed in one-time use manila folders
Polling Place Changes
- The voting location for the Ladrey Senior Building Precinct is Charles Houston Recreation Center (901 Wythe Street)
- The voting location for the Hermitage Precinct is John Adams Elementary School (5651 Rayburn Avenue)
- The voting location for the Douglas MacArthur School Precinct is the George Washington Masonic National Memorial (101 Callahan Drive)
See a sample ballot below the jump.
A new sprawling West End development near Landmark Mall is headed to the Planning Commission, but with a bigger emphasis on housing than before. Landmark Overlook is a proposed development…
Learn the the process or obtaining a real estate license as well as the cost and time it takes in the latest Ask McEnearney.
As it turns out, the uptick in airplane noise over Alexandria is one of the many little side-effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. At an update to the City Council last…
Nicecream, the shop that makes ice cream with liquid nitrogen, has permanently closed on King Street. The Arlington-based company opened shop in Old Town at 726 King Street four years…