The Alexandria Drive-In returned to Eisenhower Avenue with a double feature on Halloween night, and there will be a dozen movies running this weekend until Dec. 5.
The drive-in showed “The Mummy” and “Casper” on Halloween.
“Our second series of movies will hopefully provide some humor on Halloween, especially with the absence of trick or treating, lighten your heart and any worries you have while you and your neighbors enjoy a few hours together, apart from celebrating the winter season,” said Kelly Grant, Chief Operating Officer for ALX Community, who came up with the idea.
The drive-in launched in August and the first six shows sold out in four days. The shows can hold 215 cars in the Victory Center parking lot at 5001 Eisenhower Avenue, and tickets cost $35 apiece. Proceeds from the events go to ACT for Alexandria and Athena Rapid Response.
“It’s so incredible to see the city come out and celebrate movies, togetherness, and charity during a time when going to the movies and being together is nearly impossible,” said Allen Brooks, Chief Operating Officer of The Garden, which partners with ALX Community. “Not to mention that we’ve already given $30,000 to a local charity that is already being used to provide desks for free to kids in the city through Athena response.”
The food trucks at the drive-in include DC Slices, Chix N Stix, Lattimore’s Funnel Cakes, and Popped Republic.
- Saturday, Nov. 7 — “Nanny McPhee” & “The Race” (Double Feature)
- Sunday, Nov. 8 — “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw”
- Saturday, Nov. 14 — “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Pitch Perfect” (Double Feature)
- Friday, Nov. 20 — “Sea Biscuit”
- Saturday, Nov. 21 — “How to Train Your Dragon” and “42” (Double Feature)
- Friday, Dec. 4 — “The Bourne Identity”
- Saturday, Dec. 5 — “The Grinch” and “Love Actually” (Double Feature)
Photos via ALX Community