There are or have been 2,559 cases of COVID-19 in Alexandria and the number of fatalities remains at 56. There have been no new deaths this month from the virus, according to the Virginia Department of Health.
The number of coronavirus fatalities is a reduction of one from last week. There have been no new deaths this month and the last fatality was reported on June 29.
Cases in the city surpassed the 2,500 mark on July 16 with 21 new cases. The previous day, July 15, also saw 21 new cases.
There are now 2,031 COVID-related fatalities throughout Virginia, and there are or have been 78,375 cases.
Age and Sex Breakdown
There are or have been 1,327 women and 1,224 men in Alexandria with the virus.
- 80+ — 25 deaths, 94 cases
- 70-79 — 18 deaths, 102 cases
- 60-69 — Two deaths, 214 cases
- 50-59 — 10 deaths, 325 cases
- 40-49 — Zero deaths, 469 cases
- 30-39 — Zero deaths, 587 cases
- 20-29 — One death, 422 cases
- 10-19 — Zero deaths, 192 cases
- 0-9 — Zero deaths, 143 cases
- Missing — 11 cases not listed by age
There have been 18,992 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests administered in Alexandria so far, and the city’s seven-day positivity rate shows a 5.1% infection rate of those tested. There have also been 3,103 antibody tests in Alexandria.
Cases By ZIP Code
The areas of the city with the leading number of cases are the 22304, 22305 and 22312 ZIP codes, which include the West End and Arlandria, Potomac Yard and Potomac West neighborhoods.
Some of the areas share jurisdictions between Alexandria and Arlington and Fairfax Counties:
- 22301 — 98 cases, 1,379 people tested (Estimated population 15,171)
- 22302 — 262 cases, 3,036 people tested (Estimated population 20,238)
- 22304 — 765 cases, 5,769 people tested (Estimated population 54,003)
- 22305 — 622 cases, 2,766 people tested (Estimated population 16,095)
- 22311 — 495 cases, 2,846 people tested (Estimated population 16,898)
- 22312 — 653 cases, 3,470 people tested (Estimated population 6,901)
- 22314 — 234 cases, 3,194 people tested (Estimated population 47,826)
Photo via Fusion Medical Animation on Unsplash
A new report from the Office of Historic Alexandria outlined the fascinating and tumultuous lives of the Black residents who carved out a life for themselves in the city after…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 7 BD/8 BA, one acre home located at 5075 Polk Avenue.
The Old Town Festival of Speed & Style, a celebration of eccentric mid-20th century vehicles, is scheduled to make a comeback this September. The event started in 2019 and was…
If she likes you, the only sound you’ll hear from Bagpipes the rabbit is some happy purring and humming. The short-haired black rabbit is up for adoption with the Animal…