Two conflicts last week involving outbursts against locals remained the top stories this week.
From this week, stories about robberies and shots fired were among the most read, as were a few changes in Old Town: from a local favorite shop closing to a facelift to restore and old Alexandria building to its former glory.
Here are some of the top stories in Alexandria this week:
- Customer Spits on Old Town Coffee Shop Owner and Vandalizes Store After Being Asked to Wear a Mask
- Muay Thai Champ Gets Racist Threats at Jones Point Park
- Suspect Arrested After More Shots Fired in Braddock Neighborhood
- King Street Buildings from Early 1800s to Get Modern Touchup with Redevelopment
- Alexandria Police Investigate Shots Fired in Old Town
- Person Struck by Chair and Robbed in West End Store
- Alexandria Now Has 2,456 Cases of COVID-19, No New Deaths This Month
- Listing of the Day: 2207 Windsor Road
- Coronavirus Claims Longtime Irish Gift Shop in Old Town
- Alexandria Residents Ask Governor to Postpone Impending Evictions
Staff photo by Jay Westcott
What an absorbing week in Alexandria. Just as the ball gets rolling with reopening and loosened restrictions, the pandemic rears its ugly head. With coronavirus transmission levels climbing, Alexandria is…
A new state grant could help fund the city’s expensive, state-mandated RiverRenew project and offset some of the sewer rate increases for Alexandrians. According to a press release, Alexandria Renew…
As it was with the decision to reopen schools, Alexandria City Public Schools (ACPS) is a little behind its neighbors in deciding whether or not faculty and students will be…
Featured in the latest Just Listed in Alexandria is a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a fully fenced backyard and stone patio. Explore more of this listing at the open house this Sunday from 1-3 p.m.