Two conflicts last week involving outbursts against locals remained the top stories this week.
From this week, stories about robberies and shots fired were among the most read, as were a few changes in Old Town: from a local favorite shop closing to a facelift to restore and old Alexandria building to its former glory.
Here are some of the top stories in Alexandria this week:
- Customer Spits on Old Town Coffee Shop Owner and Vandalizes Store After Being Asked to Wear a Mask
- Muay Thai Champ Gets Racist Threats at Jones Point Park
- Suspect Arrested After More Shots Fired in Braddock Neighborhood
- King Street Buildings from Early 1800s to Get Modern Touchup with Redevelopment
- Alexandria Police Investigate Shots Fired in Old Town
- Person Struck by Chair and Robbed in West End Store
- Alexandria Now Has 2,456 Cases of COVID-19, No New Deaths This Month
- Listing of the Day: 2207 Windsor Road
- Coronavirus Claims Longtime Irish Gift Shop in Old Town
- Alexandria Residents Ask Governor to Postpone Impending Evictions
Staff photo by Jay Westcott
Except for the shots fired in the Braddock neighborhood, it’s been a relatively quiet week in Alexandria. The water was still settling on Monday after the big drop on Friday:…
Things are about to slow down in school zones. The Alexandria School Board on Thursday (October 6) unanimously approved a resolution requesting a reduction from 25 miles per hour to…
Home hunt highlights includes a 1 BD/1 BA condo with floor-to-ceiling windows and open living room.
A 5 BD/5 BA home with a fully fenced yard, fire pit and screened in porch is included in Just Listed.
Looking for a more convenient way to work out?
On the Go Fitness Pro offers in home personal training. We bring the gym to you, so you can save time and skip the hassle of going to the gym. Plus, our trainers are certified and experienced, so you can be sure you’re getting the best possible workout.
We provide all the equipment needed for a great workout or we can use the equipment that you have.
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and