Two conflicts last week involving outbursts against locals remained the top stories this week.
From this week, stories about robberies and shots fired were among the most read, as were a few changes in Old Town: from a local favorite shop closing to a facelift to restore and old Alexandria building to its former glory.
Here are some of the top stories in Alexandria this week:
- Customer Spits on Old Town Coffee Shop Owner and Vandalizes Store After Being Asked to Wear a Mask
- Muay Thai Champ Gets Racist Threats at Jones Point Park
- Suspect Arrested After More Shots Fired in Braddock Neighborhood
- King Street Buildings from Early 1800s to Get Modern Touchup with Redevelopment
- Alexandria Police Investigate Shots Fired in Old Town
- Person Struck by Chair and Robbed in West End Store
- Alexandria Now Has 2,456 Cases of COVID-19, No New Deaths This Month
- Listing of the Day: 2207 Windsor Road
- Coronavirus Claims Longtime Irish Gift Shop in Old Town
- Alexandria Residents Ask Governor to Postpone Impending Evictions
Staff photo by Jay Westcott