Several restaurants around Alexandria are offering specials and deals tomorrow (Tuesday) to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
Los Tios at 241 S. Van Dorn Street in Del Ray is offering fajitas for two and tacos with the option to make your own combo. The meals are only available for pick up and can be ordered at 571-982-4937.
Visit Alexandria has also put together a list of restaurant options for Cinco de Mayo as part of the organization’s ongoing ALX at Home project. Many of those include restaurants taking advantage of new regulations allowing restaurants to deliver cocktails, a request that had been pushed for by Alexandria Mayor Justin Wilson.
In addition to the usual taco offerings, some of the highlights from the list include:
- Elizabeth’s Counter at 804 N. Henry Street, formerly Sugar Shack, is going back to its roots with a Boozed Up Margarita Glazed Donut, with lime sea salt and a candied lime wheel. The donut must be preordered and is only available tomorrow. Accompanying speakeasy Captain Gregory’s is also offering a special cocktail called “Colonel Faces the Firing Squad” — which includes mexcal, scorched rosemary, lime, pomegranate and bitters
- Mia’s Italian Kitchen is offering a chicken fajita pizza, featuring grilled marinated chicken breast with chipotle sauce, jalapeno rajas, cheddar cheese, lime crema, pickled onions. The pizza is only on May 5 for take-out and delivery.
- Margarita-Grams from Vola’s Dockside Grill. The restaurant, reopening tomorrow with a limited takeout menu, is offering to send margaritas around town. The margaritas include an option of a classic margarita or a frozen, spicy pineapple margarita. They’re $34 but serves four. Chips and salsa can be added for $3 or chips and guacamole for $6. A cute naming card can also accompany the order. Orders must be placed today (Monday) through the Vola’s website.
- The People’s Drug is offering a specialized cocktail menu for online ordering.
View this post on Instagram
Could there be anything better than Cinco de Mayo on Taco Tuesday? Let us help make it perfect! Our fiestas to go include guac and our housemade chips along with a bottle of our margaritas! Preorder yours today through DoorDash and set your delivery schedule or call us directly at 571-970-0871 to reserve a pickup order. . . . . . #picosogood #cincodemayo #cincodemayo2020 #covid19 #CDMXmeetstheDMV #eatmoretacos #tacos #taco #margaritas #getinmybelly #spicytaco #spiceitup #alexandriava #virginia #dmv #dmveats #novaeats #dmvdrinks #novadrinks #smallbusiness #smallbusinessowner #shoplocal
Photo via Elizabeth’s Counter/Facebook
Ting Internet started providing some long-awaited competition to Comcast in parts of Alexandria earlier this year, now the company says it’s expanding to central Alexandria soon. Catharine Rice, community engagement…
Alexandria Police Department Captain Courtney Ballantine just spent 10 weeks at the FBI National Academy, and spoke with ALXnow about his experience. Over the summer, Ballantine lived in a dorm…
Arlington calls for aid, and Alexandria will answer. Alexandria’s City Council is scheduled to vote at a meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 26, to support neighboring Arlington’s funding application for an…
Dylan, the best-selling luxury condominiums in the Metro Washington area is now delivering, with three beautiful new models to tour. You’re invited to a Grand Opening Event at Dylan on…
Are you ready for a family frolic in front of the lens? Look no further! Our Mini Photo Sessions are here, and they’re filled with laughter, wagging tails, and unforgettable moments.
What to Expect:
• Professional Portraits: Bring your furry friends or the whole family for a portrait experience like no other. We promise to capture the most charming moments!
This week, we are thrilled to welcome Jane Lowery to our women’s therapy practice. Jane specializes in grief+loss therapy and she’s forming a support group for young adults who have lost a parent.
Grief work is personal for Jane. She’s a host with The Dinner Party, a national non-profit reducing the isolation & stigma for grieving 20 & 30-something’s with live and virtual sit-down dinners.
Jane is a graduate of Northwestern University’s Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. Prior to becoming a therapist, she worked for over 10 years in technology philanthropy. Jane obtained her bachelor’s in American Studies from George Washington University.
The Made in ALX Fall Makers’ Market at Port City Brewing Co. in Alexandria is set for Sunday, Sept. 24!
This is the fall’s most fun sip-and-shop, featuring craft beer from the award-winning Port City Brewing Co. along with food,