Though restaurants across Alexandria are closed for traditional Easter and Passover meals due to the coronavirus pandemic, many are offering select take-out options available for pick-up or delivery.
Visit Alexandria, which has been running a series called ALX at Home to keep locals engaged during the quarantine, has put together a long list of local restaurants with special Passover and Easter options. Many of them do require pre-ordering the meals in advance.
Restaurants featured on the list include:
- A la Lucia (315 Madison Street) — An Easter Family Dinner Special which includes either a braised lamb in red wine sauce or pork chop in peppercorn sauce, as well as a salad, a choice of sides and bread. Total: $75, serves 3-4.
- Balducci’s Passover and Easter Catering (600 Franklin Street) — Passover and Easter catering is available for pickup, but orders must be placed 48 hours in advance.
- Bastille (606 N. Fayette Street) — A French cuisine Easter dinner including salmon filet or lamb with additional wine available for $25. Total: $49, serves two.
- Chart House (1 Cameron Street) — Easter family dinners include prime rib and roasted salmon. Total: $80, serves two-three.
- Clyde’s at Mark Center (1700 N. Beauregard Street) — Clyde’s is offering four Easter entrees, from roast lamb to ribeyes, along with a sauce, sides, and brownies. Orders can be placed tomorrow (Wednesday) before 5 p.m. by calling 703-820-8300 with pick-up on Saturday (April 11) or Sunday (April 12).
- Del Ray Cafe (205 E. Howell Avenue) — The local French cafe is offering an Easter brunch with a variety of vegetarian options. Pre-orders must be placed by Thursday (April 9) by calling 703-717-9151.
- Elizabeth’s Counter (804 N. Henry Street) — Elizabeth’s Counter, né Sugar Shack, is embracing the donut origin a pick-up box of six Easter donuts. The menu — donuts included — is entirely vegan.
- Hummingbird Bar + Kitchen (220 S. Union Street) — The restaurant in the Hotel Indigo on the waterfront is offering brunch, featuring ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls and salad. Total: $59, serves four.
- Lena’s Wood-Fired Pizza & Tap (401 E. Braddock Road) — Lena’s is offering three-course Easter meals featuring spaghetti, chicken cacciatore and more. Orders can be placed on the phone at 703-683-5330. All menus will be available for pick-up via ChowNow, or for delivery via UberEats, Postmates and GrubHub. Total: $69, serves 4.
- Mia’s Italian Kitchen (100 King Street) — Mia’s is offering a three-course Easter menu, including a Sunday salad with a choice of either Braciole di Manzo or chicken cacciatore rollatini. Total: $69, serves 4.
- Oak Steakhouse (901 N. St Asaph Street) — The North Old Town steakhouse is offering an Easter at Home menu with steak, a burger, or portobello mushrooms. Orders can be placed by emailing [email protected] or calling 703-283-7645. Pick up will be Thursday (April 9) through Saturday (April 11) from 4-7 p.m.
- Sweet Fire Donna’s (510 John Carlyle Street) — The barbecue joint is offering Easter Brunch To-Go including smoked ham with roasted asparagus and two eggs. Preorders should be placed by 10 p.m. on Saturday (April 11). Total: $15.95.
- The Majestic Cafe (911 King Street) — the American comfort food eatery is offering pickup at Mia’s Italian Kitchen (100 King Street) for a three-course Easter meal. Options include prime striploin, leg of lamb, and others along with lemon icebox pie for dessert. Preorders should be placed at 703-997-5300. All menus will be available for pick-up via ChowNow, or for delivery via UberEats, Postmates and GrubHub. Total: $99, serves 4.
- Union Street Public House (121 S. Union Street) — the waterfront pub is offering catered Easter meals with options like grilled asparagus, potatoes au gratin, and deconstructed carrot cake. The meals also come with selected wine pairings available for purchase. Preorders should be placed by 4 p.m. on Thursday (April 9). Total: $35 per person.
Staff photo by James Cullum
Fingerprints have linked a 59-year-old Alexandria man to a February 25 robbery at the 7-Eleven at 3412 Mount Vernon Avenue in the Arlandria area. The same suspect, Stanley Rivers, was…
(Updated 9:30 p.m.) After advancing in two straight preliminary races, Noah Lyles will run for the gold medal in the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday. Lyles’s family is staying at a…
Last year marked the first time in 14 years that ACPS saw an enrollment decrease, and with schools headed back to in-person teaching at the end of the month it’s…
A 5 BD/3.5 BA home on a half-acre lot sold for $2.5 million, making it one of the most expensive homes sold in July.