There are now 93 cases of COVID-19 in Alexandria, according to the health department.
The new figure is an increase of 16 cases since yesterday. The number of infected residents has jumped by double digits nearly every day since March 29. There have been 61 new cases since then.
The number of new cases is climbing at a rapid rate. There are 49 cases in just the first four days in April, which is five more than all the positive COVID-19 cases in March.
The full breakdown in Alexandria is below:
- March 11 — First positive case reported
- March 15 — Second positive case reported
- March 17 — Fourth positive case reported
- March 24 — The number of cases jumps to 13
- March 25 — The number of cases increases to 14
- March 26 — The number of cases increases to 20
- March 27 — The number of cases increases to 24
- March 28 — The number of cases increases to 28
- March 29 — The number of cases increases to 32
- March 31 — The number of cases increases to 44
- April 1 — The number of cases increases to 55
- April 2 — The number of cases increases to 67
- April 3 — The number of cases increases to 77
- April 4 — The number of cases increases to 93
There have been 51 deaths and are now more than 2,400 cases of COVID-19 in Virginia, according to the Virginia Department of Health. There have been no deaths in Alexandria.
Staff photo by James Cullum
ALXnow is heading into another long weekend with Fourth of July on Monday. The big stories this week involved back-and-forths over city policy, from a new conditional height increase to…
Open Houses includes a 3 BD/2.5 BA home with a fenced backyard, new roof and sun porch.
A 3 BD/2 BA updated brick townhome with an enclosed backyard and rear deck is included in Just Listed.
Alexandria City Public Schools expects its interim superintendent to serve for the entire 2022-2023 school year, according to a new job listing for the position. “It is anticipated that this…