If Alexandria residents are feeling symptomatic during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Inova hospital system is encouraging them to skip trips to the emergency room by making virtual medical appointments from the comfort of their homes.
Inova, in this period of social distancing, says telemedicine is a convenient way for residents to determine if they should receive additional medical care.
“Choosing to have a video or telephone visit means you will continue to get your care on the day of your appointment from your provider while you stay at home,” Inova said on its website. “You will not have to delay your visit.”
The appointments will be billed to insurance plans, although a number of providers are waiving some fees for such consultations. Video visits are conducted on Zoom, and those interested in booking an appointment will have to fill out a MyChart account.
If residents need to go to Inova Alexandria Hospital (4320 Seminary Road), they are being asked to call ahead to advise staff of their arrival.
According to Inova:
Instructions For New Patients
- Video visits are not recorded
- If you are a new patient – you haven’t seen an Inova physician in three years – you do not yet have the option to have a telephone visit. Your first visit must be either a video visit or an in-person office visit.
- If you are able to connect to the internet by a smart phone or computer, we ask that you schedule a video visit.
- You will receive a message from your provider’s office to start a video visit.
- You will be able to speak directly with your provider on video just as you would do during your regular visit.
Instructions for Established Patients
- Preferred Method: Video calls occur through MyChart. To do this, you need the MyChart application installed on your smart phone. You can download the MyChart app to your smart phone. This allows you to have your visit information quickly and in a secure way.
- Secondary Method: You will receive a message on your smart phone or in your email with a link for Zoom. All you need to do is copy the link and paste the link on your browser to continue with the video visit.
A GoFundMe campaign has been launched to revitalize a memorial garden dedicated to peace and reflection after the 9/11 attacks. So far, more than $4,000 (out of a $9,000 goal)…
Since Birchmere reopened last July, the venue (3701 Mt Vernon Avenue) has had a few hit shows like KT Tunstall and The Steeldrivers later this week (tickets are sold out,…
A former receptionist at Landmark Honda posted bail after being arrested earlier this month for stealing and using a customer’s credit card. The incident occurred in January, and the suspect…
In its first regular show since shutting down last year, the Little Theatre of Alexandria is back to suspending disbelief with its latest farce, Neil Simon’s Rumors. “Laugh hard,” director…