If Alexandria residents are feeling symptomatic during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Inova hospital system is encouraging them to skip trips to the emergency room by making virtual medical appointments from the comfort of their homes.
Inova, in this period of social distancing, says telemedicine is a convenient way for residents to determine if they should receive additional medical care.
“Choosing to have a video or telephone visit means you will continue to get your care on the day of your appointment from your provider while you stay at home,” Inova said on its website. “You will not have to delay your visit.”
The appointments will be billed to insurance plans, although a number of providers are waiving some fees for such consultations. Video visits are conducted on Zoom, and those interested in booking an appointment will have to fill out a MyChart account.
If residents need to go to Inova Alexandria Hospital (4320 Seminary Road), they are being asked to call ahead to advise staff of their arrival.
According to Inova:
Instructions For New Patients
- Video visits are not recorded
- If you are a new patient – you haven’t seen an Inova physician in three years – you do not yet have the option to have a telephone visit. Your first visit must be either a video visit or an in-person office visit.
- If you are able to connect to the internet by a smart phone or computer, we ask that you schedule a video visit.
- You will receive a message from your provider’s office to start a video visit.
- You will be able to speak directly with your provider on video just as you would do during your regular visit.
Instructions for Established Patients
- Preferred Method: Video calls occur through MyChart. To do this, you need the MyChart application installed on your smart phone. You can download the MyChart app to your smart phone. This allows you to have your visit information quickly and in a secure way.
- Secondary Method: You will receive a message on your smart phone or in your email with a link for Zoom. All you need to do is copy the link and paste the link on your browser to continue with the video visit.
Alexandria City Public Schools is has a “crew” problem — organized groups of kids that are participating in criminal behavior, according to Police Chief Don Hayes. If the description sounds…
A new report, prepared for a City Council meeting tomorrow (Wednesday), looks back at the progress made on several priorities adopted earlier this year, from pandemic recovery to housing. The…
(Updated 3:45 p.m.) After all the fuss over its creation, the Alexandria Independent Community Policing Review Board has seemingly had a pretty quiet first full year since its creation. The…
Inova has major plans for the former Lanadmark Mall site, and will conduct its second virtual community meeting on Monday, October 17. The timeline for the project is still subject…
Are you tired of going to the gym? It might be the crowds, the locker room, waiting on equipment or the time it takes to commute to the gym.
Having a personal trainer come to your home will keep you accountable, save you time and allow you to workout in the comfort of your own home.
Skip the hassle of the gym and try our in-home personal training service.
Our services are reasonably priced, convenient, effective and are risk free.
At Nova Fencing Club, the beginner fencing classes are designed for students of all levels – including students who have never fenced before.
If you’re looking for a fun physical activity that improves your fitness, critical thinking and rapid decision making skills then come join us!
There’s no better time than now to give us a try – and take part in one of the fastest growing sports. Our highly educated, professional coaching staff includes Virginia’s only Maitre d’Armes, a member of USA Fencing’s coaching team, former members of the USA National Team, and our Head Coach, who has produced national champions.
Register for either our Youth Beginner Fencing Classes (7-12) or our Teen & Adult Beginner Fencing Classes (13 to Adult) and become a part of the club that champions call home.
Join the City of Alexandria and Arlington County’s Initiative to Rethink Energy at our first ever electric vehicle (EV) and sustainable technologies showcase! Get inspired by seeing a variety of electric cars, scooters, bikes, motorcycles, police cars, buses, trucks and